Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:34 AM   #61
carter.home

Default Re: T21 Recall - Freightliner USA-ANYONE, ANYWHERE found a Knowledgeable dealer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolins View Post
Jim, Call Brett Bennett at Western Star Freightliner in Houston, tx ( the shop that just replaced my ICU) and see if HE says the recall is closed. It looks like others are still getting their instrument panels replaced, so I think you are getting some bad information from your AZ dealer. I have preiviously received bad information from Mercedes customer service,....telling me that my Freightliner was a Dodge,(It is not) and that they were not even able to talk to me any more,......I wouldn't put much faith in anything they tell you.

Brian
I have tried to call several times, no joy. I just got home from my local Mercedes dealer. Talked him into giving me a free diagnostic and running it up the ladder to see if I can my IC replaced. The good: they ran the diag and concluded I need a new IC. The bad: "The campaign is closed and cannot be re-opened or amended."

I may have a unique problem in that my original campaign 2016040001 was performed in November 2016. My check engine light has been on for 2 1/2 years. Not until recently was the real fix discovered. I don't understand. There is another dealer in Anaheim, CA that may help but also cannot get a return phone call.
carter.home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:47 AM   #62
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,921 Times in 5,777 Posts
Default Re: T21 Recall - Freightliner USA-ANYONE, ANYWHERE found a Knowledgeable dealer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter.home View Post
I have tried to call several times, no joy. I just got home from my local Mercedes dealer. Talked him into giving me a free diagnostic and running it up the ladder to see if I can my IC replaced. The good: they ran the diag and concluded I need a new IC. The bad: "The campaign is closed and cannot be re-opened or amended."
By that do they mean that it's closed for your *specific* Sprinter,
or that the entire T21/2016040001 campaign is closed? (i doubt it's the latter)

--dick (who fears you're S.O.L. and will need to pay for an IC if you want to clear the issue)
((but you could probably pick up a junkyard (pardon: recycling center) IC from a 2006 to help with the pricing .. it would still have to be programmatically melded with your Sprinter (primarily to get the odometer correct), but it would fix the not-going-snoozies issue))
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:51 AM   #63
carter.home

They say the campaign is closed but I do believe itís for my sprinter. I was able to pick up the correct IC and had it programmed for my rig. I reset all of the codes using my ICarSoft MBII but the codes and the check engine light came back maybe it is not able to do a full reset need some advice here
carter.home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:07 AM   #64
GaryJ
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
By that do they mean that it's closed for your *specific* Sprinter,
or that the entire T21/2016040001 campaign is closed? (i doubt it's the latter)

--dick (who fears you're S.O.L. and will need to pay for an IC if you want to clear the issue)
((but you could probably pick up a junkyard (pardon: recycling center) IC from a 2006 to help with the pricing .. it would still have to be programmatically melded with your Sprinter (primarily to get the odometer correct), but it would fix the not-going-snoozies issue))
I had the local MB dealer (Rocklin, CA) recently do the T21 on my 06 Freightliner van. Today I made an appointment with Folsom Dodge in Sacramento, CA for my 06 ďDodgeĒ motorhome. They seemed very familiar with the process and I have an appointment a week from now. Iíll report back.

Gary
Old 06-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #65
bcolins

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter.home View Post
They say the campaign is closed but I do believe itís for my sprinter. I was able to pick up the correct IC and had it programmed for my rig. I reset all of the codes using my ICarSoft MBII but the codes and the check engine light came back maybe it is not able to do a full reset need some advice here
Jin, I had that same thought yesterday, that they probably are saying that YOUR campaign shows as closed because the recall has been done. That said,....that does not release Mercedes from their liability having caused your post recall problems by doing their mandated recall.

MY RECALL was done in 2016 or 2017 by the prior owner,.....and like you, my check engine light has been on for a couple years with the accompanying constantly on IC back light and constantly running EGR Jim,...and as you know,...I just got mine fixed a few months ago by Houston Freightliner at no charge.

CORRECTION TO MY PRIOR: THE SERVICE MANAGER THERE IS BRECK (NOT BRETT) BENNETT. I recently had a customer named Brett,....and mistakenly told you Brett in at least one of my posts here Jim,......it is BRECK BENNETT.