$300 MB Service/Repair Special Offer

Inertiaman

Re: TURBO SEAL Re: $300 MB Service/Repair Special Offer

About a year ago, just before I did my first DIY fuel filter change, I came across a MB bulletin that mandates the change-out of a perfectly good turbo seal when the fuel filter is replaced. This is due (according to MB) to the turbo seal being disturbed, loosened, disconnected, etc., in order to R and R the filter. failure to do so apparently voids the warranty.
Is this specifically for the OM651 4cyl engine? Or 6cyl? Or all engines?

I guess that partially explains the $500 fuel filter service referenced earlier in the thread.

EDIT: documents I found in searches seem to indicate this is only applicable to the OM642 engine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

The real story here is ur still ridin at 75...awesome

Bob
Be careful, a broken hip can be a life-threatening injury, mortality rates are high for the ELDERLY. My 60-year old buddy thought he was going to be cool and jump over a railroad tie on his new mountain bike. Instant FACEPLANT and three broken ribs. It was quite comical really. I still laugh about it but, he fails to find it humorous. I guess because it hurts to laugh?

https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-dangerous-is-a-broken-hip-when-youre-older-2223520

https://www.shieldmysenior.com/broken-hip-in-elderly/

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/729944

levedr

Re: TURBO SEAL Re: $300 MB Service/Repair Special Offer

Is this specifically for the OM651 4cyl engine? Or 6cyl? Or all engines?

I guess that partially explains the $500 fuel filter service referenced earlier in the thread.

EDIT: documents I found in searches seem to indicate this is only applicable to the OM642 engine.
I believe it applies to any time the turbo intake hose is "disturbed" on whatever engine the work is performed on.

It is NOT included in any dealer fuel filter exchamge with any of the dealers I have queried. In fact they (service writers) seem not to even know about it. It may be the techs are doing it and the service writers don't know.

Anybody out there recently had a fuel filter replaced by the dealer? Check your invoice. Is there a parts charge for a seal? Let us know. This forum is actually the only way we seem to learn about our rigs.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Another heads up: I just received by email a voucher from the local MB dealer (Rocklin, CA) for $150 off any service or maintenance over $300. These vouchers are funded by MB USA but may only be available to those that have had service or maintenance done by a dealer, hence the notification from a specific dealer.

Gary

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Another heads up: I just received by email a voucher from the local MB dealer (Rocklin, CA) for $150 off any service or maintenance over $300. These vouchers are funded by MB USA but may only be available to those that have had service or maintenance done by a dealer, hence the notification from a specific dealer.
It is odd. I have had all service done at the dealer, and still have yet to see one of these coupons. Must be targeted marketing with more subtle parameters. Their marketing firm knows everything about us, so who knows what they are looking at?

Onefin

It is odd. I have had all service done at the dealer, and still have yet to see one of these coupons. Must be targeted marketing with more subtle parameters. Their marketing firm knows everything about us, so who knows what they are looking at?
Just sent you an email through ss.

Top Bottom