Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia

support Sprinter-Source.com
Click here or the banner before shopping at Amazon. A percentage of your purchase goes to support Sprinter-Source.com

Old 03-27-2017, 12:03 AM   #1
hollygirl

Default Skylight Heki 4 plus

We have been looking for a very long time to replace our broken skylight with a reasonable priced new one. Just came across a very reasonable new one on E Bay. They had 10 in stock and now have 9. Can't wait to get rid of the cracked dome, stuck shade, and manual switch to open and close the skylight
Here is the E Bay ad for those of you who may want a replacement:

New RV Dometic Heki 4Plus Skylight Vent Rooflight Roof Window
$499.95 + $74.90 Shipping
hollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollygirl For This Useful Post:
JoeHike (03-30-2017), OldWest (03-27-2017), onemanvan (03-27-2017), Riptide (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
hollygirl

Default Re: Skylight Heki 4 plus

Guess what? I was just checking the E Bay website and noticed that they sold 3 of these the same day. They have now raised the price from $499 to $699!
hollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hollygirl For This Useful Post:
Tortuga44 (08-29-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #3
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-RV-Dometic...%257Ciid%253A1

Same seller with price back down to $499 plus shipping. Description is "nearly new" so not clear where these are sourced.

This is a good price as just the clear acrylic cover costs more. Also, one could presumably replace the bottom inside portion with the pleated shade without having to reinstall whole skylight (a guess, not confirmed).

I'd rather have the Heki 3 manual crank lift, but this Heki 4 plus might be worth it just for spare parts in the meantime.
OldWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
512Westy

Wow! amazing price at either one. I think I paid $1,200 and thought I was getting a great deal, as list was $2,400. I wonder if this is a liquidation from some RV factory that discontinued this type of skylight and is dumping it's inventory.
512Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:13 AM   #5
TotalComp

That is a good deal! We sell ours for $989 https://www.ternoverland.com/eurovision-roof-hatch
The Following User Says Thank You to TotalComp For This Useful Post:
OldWest (08-29-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #6
Mr1987joker

I just purchased and installed the HEKI 4.
Its new never used. Has everything, including the pleated shades. Install was not to bad. I reused the grey plastic blocks from the old skylight. The only parts not included. Works great! Thanks to this forum I found out about the skylights on ebay. They are sold from an rv surplus store. The people were real nice. Cheers Brennan
Mr1987joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
Tortuga44

Hollygirl, thanks for finding this! We purchased one of these about a month ago. I just installed it over the weekend. The glass is clear, the blinds & screen work, and it comes with a new remote!!!! All for $500. Mine included the plastic blocks. The installation was pretty straight forward. The only awkward part was putting the extra sealant around the outside edge of the skylight. I just unbolted the four front screws & was able to get to this front area with the caulking gun. Pretty easy overall. One tip, I changed all the screws to a better material. it seems that the screws included with this kit were all soft aluminum screws & a bunch of the heads stripped out when I had messed with the skylight before. Thanks again, Michael.
Tortuga44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #8
discus
GA Westy

I just got the last one. Mine didnt have the screen or shade anymore when I got my westy. After this one is installed, everything should be well sorted out. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
discus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:59 AM   #9
Camp
Sprinter Westfalia

Just an FYI: A different RV surplus store in the US is using the same listing title for the sold out Heki 4 Plus deal to sell the Heki Mini. They're asking nearly the same price ($498.99) as the actual 4 Plus listing.

*RV DOMETIC HEKI 4PLUS SKYLIGHT VENT ROOFLIGHT ROOF WINDOW
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-DOMETIC-H...-/352112499721

This listing has been up since the end of August, but I just noticed that someone bought one today for the list price. I hope that the buyer knows what they are getting for $500. The last time I checked, you can get a Heki Mini from the UK for a little over $130 USD plus shipping. If the price for this listing dropped significantly, this would be a good source of parts for our bathroom skylights. I don't think this one would be a direct replacement, as the bottom of the description says it has "permanent ventilation" (like the European trailers use). I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the correct replacement for the Westy is the model typically described as "without fixed ventilation" and with maximum roof thickness.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:01 AM   #10
Camp
Sprinter Westfalia

If anyone regrets missing the original deal, Tri State Surplus (the original seller) just listed one more Heki 4 Plus for the original price. I don't know if it is a return or what, but it just popped up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RV-Domet...AAAOSwB-1Y1YPA

Also, the "4 Plus" listing from my last post has been corrected by the seller to reflect that it is a Heki Mini. They also lowered the price, but it is still too high. I wouldn't trust the description, so does anyone know if you can tell from the pictures whether this Heki Mini skylight has forced ventilation or not?
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camp For This Useful Post:
GoJohnGo (09-30-2017)