Sprinter locked door opening tool

DaMeat

Anyone have a newer link for this? I just left the keys in my Sprinter van and don't want to resort in cutting out the wing window... HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

Peter_C

Call a tow truck and have them use their lockout removal kit. You can also get a key cut at the dealer with proof of ID and your VIN number. Then you would at least have a working spare key.

DaMeat

OK, besides $100 for a guy to bend my window open is there another way? I have a small shop of tools and prefer to do it myself..?

Any other help?

OK, besides $100 for a guy to bend my window open is there another way? I have a small shop of tools and prefer to do it myself..?

Any other help?
I sent you a PM this morning. Click on Private Messages in the upper right of this page. It should indicate a "1" for Unread waiting messages. Good luck. vic

skydiver007

DRB III Owner If You Need
Funny, I locked my keys in the van yesterday and had to get in. I found some thin wood and pried the top of the door slightly open and used a 6ft piece of thin wood to push the door lock button. Worked like a charm. I have seen the locksmith guys used a composite wedge.

DaMeat

Thanks guys, I went with a locksmith... I found one flat rate for $30!
Citywide Roadside Assistance in Sacramento in case anyone else is ever in the same situation.

Airbags and a reach tool. A little tough on a sprinter van, but my driver's door isn't the best anyway. Plus which locksmith picks locks anymore?

surlyoldbill

I keep a standard cut key ziptied or in one of those magnetic boxes under ALL my cars. I've been locked out too many times. Discovered in Colorado that a new wing window for a Toyota Tacoma is only $30, so the next time I locked my keys in my truck I just took a hammer to the wing window, much cheaper than getting a locksmith to Fairplay (didn't have AAA at that time). Sure, you can't start the Sprinter with a standard key, but you can get in and fetch those keys you locked in...

$4 at any hardware store.

Top Bottom