Refrigerator Cooling

jolderco

Dometic Help
2014 LTV Serenity. Dometic Refrigertor having problems cooling with gas only, works well with 110V. I have cleaned vent, burner, orifice. Getting a flame. The flame seems to start fine when it should...just hardly cools at all. With the 110 working well I feel the refrigeration system is working, must be something with gas, strength of flame?
Any thought appreciated.

icarus

Check the gas pressure at the oriface with a manometer. Should be 11-13" W.C. Ensure that the flame is crisp, blue, even and steady. Remove the baffle, clean the baffle and the flu.

You are right, if it cools well on 120 vac it should cool even better non L/P. Gas is it's best mode.

Icarus

Ancote

Dometic Help
2014 LTV Serenity. Dometic Refrigertor having problems cooling with gas only, works well with 110V. I have cleaned vent, burner, orifice. Getting a flame. The flame seems to start fine when it should...just hardly cools at all. With the 110 working well I feel the refrigeration system is working, must be something with gas, strength of flame?
Any thought appreciated.
Mine was not cooling good on gaz and couples monts later the prop was missing at the firs 2 minutes so I replace the regulator and every thing is working very good now, fridge is going around 39 -40 on level 3 so it is just perfect now. :
thumbup:

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
If the pressure is low, I assume it needs new regulator, do you have link to getting one?
I just had regulator replaced for this same issue. I had it done at an experienced RV repair shop. I do not recommend changing this yourself unless you are very knowledgeable with propan and gas safety. It only cost me around $100 to have it done.

Top Bottom