Folding wall beds and slide-out assemblies

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I've found The Daddy of all the so called Dualiner kits here in the UK.

No web link available, so I'll scan the brochure at first opportunity and upload images.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
That little kitchen setup is just what i need! Anyone ever see something like this available here in the states?
The small gas portable stove with a one kilogram bottle can be taken out and used out side it just sits the with four small latches to hold it in place, these can be bought in any hardware or camper section and on eBay.
The cupboard is a home store computer desk cut to fit , the drawer at the bottom uses two draw sliders but high quality that rail supports more weight than it's required to .
Total cost less than 3000 US dollars. an overhead section can be included for a small micro wave unit, the fridges are from Waco 12 volt plug in cig lighter or inverter many sizes completely portable The bed is the same metal constructional set up as of the first thread , it just had a small exterior panel cover attached to match the rest of the set up , any one with basic carpentry could do this and the cost is not that much depending on acc/ less than 3000 US dollars you get the beds cupboards stoves fridges, porta pottie etc it depends on you budget and how fancy you want it.
Richard

Zach Woods

The small gas portable stove with a one kilogram bottle can be taken out and used out side it just sits the with four small latches to hold it in place, these can be bought in any hardware or camper section and on eBay.
The cupboard is a home store computer desk cut to fit , the drawer at the bottom uses two draw sliders but high quality that rail supports more weight than it's required to .
Total cost less than 3000 US dollars. an overhead section can be included for a small micro wave unit, the fridges are from Waco 12 volt plug in cig lighter or inverter many sizes completely portable The bed is the same metal constructional set up as of the first thread , it just had a small exterior panel cover attached to match the rest of the set up , any one with basic carpentry could do this and the cost is not that much depending on acc/ less than 3000 US dollars you get the beds cupboards stoves fridges, porta pottie etc it depends on you budget and how fancy you want it.
Richard
Hi Richard -

Did you simply take pictures of this setup or did you build it?

With all the above detailed info I am thinking you built it. If so, would it be possible to get a write-up on the project?

Thanks,

Zach

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Seek those pics are euro ones
When we were state side we converted the back of a sprinter on one, and the front of the other, on the second Sprinter! due to lack of space, the electronics had to stay.
we went to local shops wall mart and hardware stores camping out lets ex Military outlets bought the lot and built it. its so easy
In the next month I will be doing a slide out conversion for my sprinter this will be on a similar system as the van is a work vehicle but with week ends I need a little extra comforts, no toilets not needed as to staying at convenience places where water and facility's are available Like at the James Cook camping Grounds on Bruny Island. Give me a day or two and I will locate pictures and US places to get the gear from like Walmart Westfield's etc prices and whatever I will run it up for you guys, OK Lunch is being served:drool:
Richard

DSC00516 (Large).jpg

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Sounds fine to me Capt Cook sailed in his Tom Thumb to the location on Bruny island so the site has world significance as to history The island itself has a very sad side to it as to what White men did to a very proud and advanced race with the local aboriginal community . Tasmania had a land bridge between the mainland so when the water in the Bass Straights finally closed off island hoping was not possible, the Tasmanian aborigine was a Superior and far more advanced race as to the mainland tribes.
The Bruny Island Ghosts of yesterday still walk in the night, so each time I go through the Isis Igo to the top of hill and pay my respects to Truganini ! She was the last full blooded Aborigine to that held the full land rights to the island . This island is deep in history and in remarkable original condition as it was back in the sixteen hundreds.
Richard
DSC00408 (Large).jpg
Million dollar view
Picture 072 (Large).jpg
both of these photos are less than 500 hundred yards from the inlet to Cooks creek

DSC00105 (Large).jpg
The Isis or narrows
Picture 083 (Large).jpg
even the old sailing ships from last century still exist nothing rusts down here:tongue:
Photo taken at Hobart port Elizabeth St Pier
467165480_0c8d20175a_o.jpg
PS This Island is RV Heaven.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I see a faucet in the photo....is there a self contained water setup under the cabinet?
Strewth! You've eyes like a hawk:smilewink: Left hand side there is a small caravan sink the pump handle doesn't show directly under the van there is a small 40 litres water tank self priming.. under the closed cupboard section on the left side. the out let pipe goes through the floor there is no stoarge pump for Grey water, it hooks into the mains at the parks, or you let let it go in the scrub , or should I say into a bucket to be discreetly disposed of.:shifty: same side of the out side of the van no photo there is an electricial out let for on shore power , the imverter in the van is only 1500 w with two power outlets, micro wave , tv jug for a cuppa the invertor doe not like that one but it's a big jug, anything with an elemnt draws on massive battery power, so we would use alternative power such as generators if no other power source was available , funny enough because not in the photo , but when we were in the States with our Sprinters everything we had that was electrical so we used genny's all the time was 240 Volts noisy things but that was the way it went.
in the main LWB Sprinter like in the photo we had secured stroage for the generators to slide out on those roller bases with drop down extension bars to support the weight.
Richard

davisdmal

I like the Hatcher folding wall bunk shown near the top of the thread in the original Sprinter fabric. I'd also like to know where I could source some of the fabric in that pattern since it matches my '04 upholstery.

Mike

pugwash

diy campervan conversion
not sure if this is any good but in the uk we have a commercial truck xf 95 and xf 105 manufactured by DAF they are all fitted with top bunks that would be perfect for your needs but not sure if your local heavy truck breaker can help.

as for the photos wow stunning.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
The image is of a kit which used to be made and sold here in the UK, now discontinued but you could make one pretty easily.

JessEvans

Has anyone on this forum installed one of these folding wall beds? Or similar design?

There seems to be an idea that the van sides may buckle, or that the roof won't hold up to the load. But on the other hand, there are kits and professional installations... though the kit seems to be no longer sold. I'd sure love to hear from people on this forum...the folding wall bed (suspended side bunk) is the whole point of the Srpinter conversion for me. We need to sleep 4 in the rear.

312 diesel (closed)

I made mine, so far the sides are holding up just fine and I'm bigger than average. I simply welded two supports into the side of the van, the bed hang from that with 3 bolts on hinges.

Once they were in I insulated the side of the van, there's anti drumming material as well as heat insulation. I then panelled the side and attached the bed.

There is a small shellf so I can push the bed into the side and the mattress, complete with bedding stands up. Mine is supported by a couple of loose legs.

This was made out of a steel bunkbed Craig scored from freecycle, the mattress is a standard IKEA jobbie.

This isn't a camper, it's a van in which I can spend the night, and very comfortable it is too.

Has anyone on this forum installed one of these folding wall beds? Or similar design?

There seems to be an idea that the van sides may buckle, or that the roof won't hold up to the load. But on the other hand, there are kits and professional installations... though the kit seems to be no longer sold. I'd sure love to hear from people on this forum...the folding wall bed (suspended side bunk) is the whole point of the Srpinter conversion for me. We need to sleep 4 in the rear.

Top Bottom