What Percentage Bio-Diesel is "Acceptable"?

woundedpig

2018 Unity MB
You don't need B20 to get the benefits of lubricity from low biodiesel ≤ 5%. Studies show that most of the lubricity benefits from biodiesel were achieved by adding only 2% biodiesel to either Number 1 or Number 2 diesel.

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Fred Myers, yesterday, had no stickers defining any bio-diesel content, but one that did say "Low Sulfur, up to 15ppm, mandated for all road vehicles"... Whatever that means. I went ahead and filled my tank.

CB1945

Default Re: What Percentage Bio-Diesel is "Acceptable"?
Fred Myers, yesterday, had no stickers defining any bio-diesel content, but one that did say "Low Sulfur, up to 15ppm, mandated for all road vehicles"... Whatever that means. I went ahead and filled my tank.

That's code or CYA..... :laughing:

You're old saying, is that the long hand for Wishful Thinking? :smilewink:

Peter Tourin

2020 Unity RL, ex 2012 Unity MB
Scarecrow - that's the ULSD sticker for #2 diesel - it's supposed to be displayed on the pump for all US road diesel, and all US road diesel is mandated to be Ultra Low Sulfur. So that's standard labeling. A pump that has only that label may be "plain diesel" (that is, not biodiesel), or it may be biodiesel under 5% - there's no US requirement to label biodiesel until it's 5% or greater. Then you start seeing B5, B10 or B20 stickers. This is why I posted that note above - I was surprised to see a B2 label, as it's not mandated.

Top Bottom