Replacement for black water tank

Univox1

Hello. I need to replace my black water tank for a 2007 Freedom 2. A tire blew out and put a hole in my tank. Does anyone know where I can get a tank for this?

Thanks
Mike P

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
I would call LTV service in Canada. Try to get all the specs and who makes those tanks for LTV as it will be cheaper to get from someone other than LTV.

You should also look into repairing it as that may be the cheapest way to go.

Bertible

My guess is that LTV won’t have the parts book for your unit to identify the tank. That’s what I found for my 2008 Libero when I was looking for a lower door panel. The
Pre Triple E models are not their specialty. However, they will bend over backwards to find an older employee who can look through the archives (of his mind or paper tote boxes, I’m Not sure which) to help you. So it is a good place to start.

Gary
08 Libero.

Univox1

Leisure Travel vans is very little help with anything before 2011. They say they have no record of any specs or parts. That's why I'm posting here.

Bertible

I took a look at the original brochure, and see that the Freedom II Serenity and Libero both had 29 gal black tanks. Looking at the site above, their standard 29 gal tanks don’t look anything like ours. Ours is a 37” long tank with drain flange at rear. The tank extends forward to the rear wheels. About 16” tall and with two widths, L-shaped narrower at front end to fit around chassis leaf springs and wider at back where ther is more room. I’d suggest take pictures and measurements, then contact one of these companies that makes rotomolded tanks. They often have hundreds of sizes or maybe they can custom-make one.

Gary
08 Libero

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Any news? It worries me that they don't support 2010 and earlier anymore. I had a tire blow out too and my Grey tank got hit. It only leaked around the drain joint. I ended up fixing it melting zip ties with a soldering iron into the joint, but it made me realize I could be in a pickle trying to get this great RV fixed one day.

Back in 2012 the garbage truck in my neighborhood crashed into my RV and took out the bumper and service center. The RV repair shop managed to get a replacement fiberglass bumper and aluminum door from LTV. Wonder if they don't do that anymore, or if the 2007 is the SAME die as the later models.

-Randy

Last edited:

Univox1

I took a long time to get an answer from Leasure Travel Vans. They finally told me they could sell me a new tank. They had no information on my year. they sent me specs on the tank. Its the same size as mine but the hole for the drain is in a different place. I am not even sure how to close the hole and move it. I ended up finding someone to do a plastic weld and repair my tank.

Any news? It worries me that they don't support 2010 and earlier anymore. I had a tire blow out too and my Grey tank got hit. It only leaked around the drain joint. I ended up fixing it melting zip ties with a soldering iron into the joint, but it made me realize I could be in a pickle trying to get this great RV fixed one day.

Back in 2012 the garbage truck in my neighborhood crashed into my RV and took out the bumper and service center. The RV repair shop managed to get a replacement fiberglass bumper and aluminum door from LTV. Wonder if they don't do that anymore, or if the 2007 is the SAME die as the later models.

-Randy

Top Bottom