Winterizing

lance_k

I've opened the 3 drain points under the fridge, opened all water faucets (shower, bathroom shower and kitchen sink hot and cold knobs) ran the pump til dry. Drained the water heater, and used a leaf blower into my water intake hole to push air in and any water out.

Anybody have sage advice here to winterize? It's pretty cold here in Oregon during the winter. I was planning on keeping a few anti-mold/mildew low amp air dryers in there too that may keep it a bit warmer as well.

outbound

06/2500/140
might want to use a compressor into the city water inlet and blowout any remaining water from the lines, MAKE SURE YOU FLUSH THE TOILET TIL DRY

and/or if so equipped, use the winterizing bypass on your water pump to push rv antifreeze thru the entire system
or... if yer so inclined, buy a 1.75L bottle of cheap vodka and use that instead of antifreeze... (then no need flush in the spring ;)
:2cents:
not much time at the moment, so cant go into much detail, but that's my strategy

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
You definitely need to get an adaptor like this:

and use it with an air compressor to properly blow out all of your fixtures. There are many tutorials on the Web about how to do this.

You need to put pink anti-freeze in all your drain traps and in your macerator if you have one. I personally would NEVER put pink stuff in your potable water system.

lance_k

Seems like I may have not done as good a job winterizing. My water pump will not stop running... keeps gurgling building water pressure. Likely related to my previous post, one of the drain "T" plugs could be leaking that pressured air. But it certainly seems like the pump just has a ton of air gurgling in it. No water leaks as far as I can see. Hmmm... =(

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Seems like I may have not done as good a job winterizing. My water pump will not stop running... keeps gurgling building water pressure. Likely related to my previous post, one of the drain "T" plugs could be leaking that pressured air. But it certainly seems like the pump just has a ton of air gurgling in it. No water leaks as far as I can see. Hmmm... =(
First thing to check is the clear plastic cap over the little filter screen that you probably have at the inlet of your water pump. You should always remove this cap for winter storage. Residual water tends to accumulate there and it is easily damaged. If that is the problem, replacements are readily available and inexpensive.

Top Bottom