T1N: 1994-2006 2004 Coleman pop-out Sprinter camper in Florida

BGerker

T1N Collector
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2004-Mercedes-Benz-SPRINTER-2500-5006986969 for pics and details. New lower price, $28,000 or Best Offer!
Pop-out queen bed in the back, must see photos! Roof a/c, running water, toilet, tub/shower, swivel seats, mini-fridge, 22mpg diesel, seat belts for 6 including driver and 4 @ dinette. 250k miles but runs like new, well maintained, new paint and interior in 2018. USB power ports everywhere, retractable 25' cord for shore power, quiet generator available separately. Awning, screen room, bluetooth... got it all!
Call 386 747 1525

Attachments

Last edited:

BGerker

T1N Collector
Fixed and photos added. Let me know if it doesn't look right to you. All advice is welcomed, even comments on price will be taken as constructive attempt to help. Any press is good press...
TY

BGerker

T1N Collector
grantwilson, I do appreciate your input. Are you saying my price should be $15k? I see T1N cargo vans sell at 8k-15k. But I have not seen any DIY campers under 20k. I would be interested in seeing any comparable T1N for sale with roof A/C, fridge, running water, and toilet under $30k.

As an empty cargo this was a better van than most vans like it. A Florida van with very little rust, no dents, wrecks, or major mechanical issues. Then there are the unique items, pop-out-bed, awning, screen room, new carpet and upholstery.

I value your opinion and thank you for sharing. I just don't agree with it. Hopefully I am not alone?

BGerker

T1N Collector
Please chime in anyone. What is it worth? I know it is over priced but I can always lower price or accept an offer. It is really hard to go up after starting with a price too low.

GC1234

2006 2500 140wb
It all depends on what someone is looking for and willing to pay. I personally am doing a “contained” build, so the pop out in the back would be something that deters me, or would be something i would change. However, it’s a unique concept, so i bet there would be someone interested in that. When i was looking for a t1n van here in FL i saw a lot in the 5-12k range, which depended on miles and condition. Keep in mind i was looking for a bare cargo to convert myself. I spent 8k and probably overpaid slightly, only saying that bc i spent about 4K in repairs rightf off the bat. Add new tires and we’ll say that’s 5k. With that being said do i think i could sell my van for the 13k that i paid? I think there’s a chance if someone comes along and sees the value of the repairs done, and isn’t mechanically inclined to do them otherwise. Keep in mind that 5k was parts alone, labor would probably be another 3-5 on top of that. In my opinion you’re really never going to get labor back, so i don’t include it in my evaluation. So i think the same holds true with the van build. Ya if you get a professional buildout the labor value might hold up better, but for the rest of us my questions would always be, how good of a job did they do? Detail the behind the scenes stuff in your build, like insulation or materials used. Also depends on your situation, if you can hold out or need to sell it ASAP. What websites or markets you’re selling in. So think about what you have into the van, add some on top for your labor and that’s probably what will widdle down in negotiations. That should be a start, and if someone gives you a lower offer, that’s up to you based on everything i mentioned above.

Jeff power

Please chime in anyone. What is it worth? I know it is over priced but I can always lower price or accept an offer. It is really hard to go up after starting with a price too low.
I’d have to agree with Grant. Higher mileage, less than stellar workmanship on the cabinetry and paneling, odd layout.... it all actually detracts from the potential value. Had it been done with a more traditional layout, and higher attention to detail on the woodworking side of things, I’d say $20k-$22k might be possible.

Top Bottom