2019 crew vans have a movable seat?

tom881019

There’s the option “crew comfort package” gives you 2nd row seat can rock back individually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom881019

Sorry miss read your ask. No the mount points are fixed you can’t move them back...it’s just super long tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

Confirming that a 2019 VS30 Cargo has NO captive nuts in the frame rails, other than the two tiny pair at the front of the wood floor sheet w/out D rings in them - btw those are not suitable for mounting seats (too small), but they DO correspond dimensionally to the correct location for the front passenger row in a passenger van ...

kitebeard

Thanks for the response. I'm thinking I will need to drill all the way through the frame and do the steel plate thing in order to properly position my seat. Unless there are other thoughts out there?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rduong

Curious... in the 2019 Crews, can the bench seat be placed facing backwards? (I don’t have kids, but would like to have a sofa in the living space full time)

Eric B

No it cannot

The brackets are directional
If you look closely you’ll notice that the bars in the tracks that the seat brackets clip in to are different diameters

GLJones

You might be able to have a shop reverse the mounting legs and weld them back. Short of that, they are not reversable.

chriszep

In my 2014 I was able to spin the floor brackets around 180 degrees, which moved the seat up 4 inches toward the front. This allowed a 4x8 sheet of plywood to fit inside the van behind the back seat with no issue. With the new 2019 I haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet... Im strongly considering drilling 9 new holes, and doing plates under the floor to move the rails up... Or trying to modify the reclining seat so that it tilts forward enough to fit material. The current dimension from the back of the seat to inside the back door is 93". SO close, but yet so far.

chriszep

I read somewhere on here that the 2019 seats fit in the floor brackets of the 2018 and down models. Im thinking about just buying 2018 brackets and using those backwards to get the seats up a few inches...

Mr Makai

I read somewhere on here that the 2019 seats fit in the floor brackets of the 2018 and down models. Im thinking about just buying 2018 brackets and using those backwards to get the seats up a few inches...
I don't think anything is backwards compatible

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Eric B

@chriszep you want to push the bench FoRWARD?
In its stock location it is pretty close to front captain chairs already

And if you have swivel seats on the fronts and the bench is positioned any further forward then you definitely won’t have room for two sets of legs ... just saying ...

chriszep

@chriszep you want to push the bench FoRWARD?
In its stock location it is pretty close to front captain chairs already

And if you have swivel seats on the fronts and the bench is positioned any further forward then you definitely won’t have room for two sets of legs ... just saying ...
I want to push the seats forward from a utility perspective. For me when I take my van out on a trip I take the rear seats out. but every day use I need to move plywood and the 93" distance from the inside of the back door to the back of the back seat is a killer! Whats worse is that if the reclining seats just went forward a tiny bit more they would allow for material to be moved without any mods! SO close!

Skipperhbl3

I am planning on putting 2019 passenger rails from a 144 in my 2019 170 crew so I can move the seat back to row 3. The should arrive by this weekend. My assumption is that the crew has the nuts welded underneath just like previous models. Have not found definitive info out there yet to confirm this. please advise

buildyourown

I have a 2019 passenger.
While the seats do not slide on rails, it does appear that the rails could be flipped and the seat position moved back. The bolt pattern isn't symmetrical but adding another hole in the track is simple.
I am looking at adding additional mounting bars so I have multiply seat positions. Sometimes I want to have 8 seatbelts, sometimes I want to haul all the toys

buildyourown

Curious... in the 2019 Crews, can the bench seat be placed facing backwards? (I don’t have kids, but would like to have a sofa in the living space full time)
As stated above, the seat mount bars are .075" different in diameter so you cant just flip them.
However, drill a new hole and you can flip the entire track.

Last edited:

Top Bottom