NCV3: 2006-2018 2017 Converted RWD 144" Grey Sprinter - Denver, CO - $67,500

sarumont

"You buy this ship, treat her proper, she'll be with you for the rest of your life."

Meet Serenity. She's a Firefly-class transport (2017 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 2500 144" WB High Roof) that has served as my home and freedom for the past year. The only constant in life, however, is change, and I now find myself on a path (boy buys van, boy converts van, boy meets girl, boy and girl settle down) which does not involve living in a van, down by the river or otherwise.

So what sort of hardware is she equipped with?

General:
• 3.0L V6
• 27,150 miles

On the bridge:
• insulated doors (3M Thinsulate)
• insulated roof (Foam it Green spray foam)
• upgraded speakers
• backup camera
• fire extinguisher (mounted to the pilot's seat base)
• co-pilot seat swivel

Crew quarters:
• insulated with Foam it Green spray foam (R7 per 1")
• beetle-kill pine tongue and groove paneling
• laminate flooring
• 200W solar panel array
• 50A dual-input DC-DC charger hooked to both solar and alternator
• 150Ah LiFEPO4 battery
• Victron BMV-702 battery monitor
• 2KW pure sine wave inverter
• dimmable overhead white lighting
• dimmable ambient RGB lighting
• under-cabinet galley lighting
• DC charging ports
• Maxxair 00-06200K Maxx Fan
• Espar D2 diesel heater
• Thetford Porta Potti Curve
• 6" latex mattress (30" wide - expandable to 3" full-sized queen mattress)
• lots of storage

Galley:
• Nova Kool R3800 3.5 cu. ft. refrigerator
• 16 gal fresh water tank
• 2.5 gal jerry can grey water tank
• Lasco pump faucet
• Ruvati RVM4111 sink
• magnetic knife bar
• stainless steel spice bar (for magnetic spice containers)

Cargo bay:
• 60" pull-out bike drawer
• white LED lighting
• DC charging ports

Hull:
• Aluminess ladder w/ 3M grip tape on steps
• Fiamma F65s awning
• BFG K02 tires (set of 5) - free rotations for life at Discount Tire

Maintenance:
• Service A has just been performed
• tires have just been rotated
• compressor coil is brand new

Interior:

I designed the interior to maximize the open feeling by maintaining the ability to walk through and out the back while still providing enough storage to live out of it. If anything, there is too much storage space for a single person; it is ideal for two, however.

The electronics are stored under a bench which can easily seat two at the foldable camp table - or one on the bench and one in the swivel passenger seat, for a less intimate dinner party.

The bed is stacked on the garage, sized as a 1/2 queen (6" wider than a twin). The bed pulls out on drawer slides, and a platform extension allows expanding the bed from a half to a full queen (60"x80"), sleeping two in comfort.

The garage bike drawer is currently configured to hold my 29er MTB and a road bike; it could easily be re-configured for 2x MTB or 2x road bikes (the fork mounts are different).

Mechanical:

K02s were put on with ~300 miles on the odometer. Service A was just performed. My average MPG since buying Serenity is 17.9 (yes, I have kept up with every single tank of diesel).

She's got a lot of life and adventure left, and I want to see her go to
a good home.

Photo Album

She is currently registered in Texas, and there is a lien on her. Pretty firm on the price at $67,500. If you're interested, PM or drop me an email at richard AT sigil.org

Last edited:

wankel7

Great looking build..... Very creative on the bed. What is the bike holding device on the rear door?

Top Bottom