Hymer Vision Venture RV

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
I couldn't do a pop top due to winter camping, and our desire to feel isolated from the elements after spending all day in it. But, as pop-top style campers go, this thing is so rad. I Gotta wonder how much it weighs or if it's crazy expensive with light-weight materials, but it's a really cool concept that seems like it could be quite practical in real life. I hope they make it!

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
The body was made from fiberglass if I remember, and windows were heat formed acrylic? They actually made a prototype for one of the Euro Expos. It was a pretty cool idea overall, and I hope many of the elements make there way into the production versions.

The inflated insulating pop top walls were also used as privacy curtains for the large window, which was pretty neat.

There is a Hymer ? Sprinter van from James Cook ? that had a very cool rear access design. Half the opening lifts up and the lower half folds down like a pick up truck. This allowed a slide out, sleep under the stars bed option. This was on a short wheel base NCV Sprinter where every inch of internal space matters.

One of our posters here is working on bringing to the market a similar idea for enclosing and weather proofing the open rear doors. Kudos to them both.

Top Bottom