Under Hood Generator on RT SS Agile

gte

2008 RS
I regularly check my batteries with a voltmeter but the reading depends a lot on when the battery was last charged, etc. I would like to install a battery monitor which I have read is a better measure of battery output and charge condition.

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
Batteries are rated in amp hours or watt hours.
What that means is if you have a 2400 watt hour storage (that is what 2 6V AGM in the CS Adventurous has standard) You can have 240 watts per hour over 10 hours or 2400 over 1 hour. You need to be careful on understanding the rating is in watt (or amp) hours.
My CS Adventurous has 4 6V AGM for 4800 watts.

20 hour rating would be equal to 120 watts per hour. You just need to be careful.
I installed a volt meter which plugs into one of the DC sockets to monitor voltage. Minimum AGM charge is around 11.8 volts.

Len
Wrong! You neglected the Peukert effect. A battery bank rated at 220 ah can draw 11 amps for 20 hours. If the draw is more than 11 amps, the capacity will be less than 220 ah.

Watts per hour is meaningless. 200 ah capacity is 10 amps for 20 hours. This equates to 120 watts for 10 hours.
A watt is power, energy per unit time. A watt-hour is energy.

I have an setec battery monitor and with the AC, the draw is 48amps. So, 2 hours seems to be it with 4 AGM batteries. I have almost 800 Amp hours and I got 4ish hours before I got a warning from the inverter.

starfighter

Can you let me know what is the "real world" diesel mileage of your 4-cyl Agile?

thanks,
2011 Agile
we have a 2015 SS Agile w/ 4 cylinder......
after 9,000 miles our average has been 23 to 29 mpg
23.4 with cool weather, some elevation changes and some head wind.
29.5 in warm weather, no wind, flat travel.
(best mileage seems to be at 58 to 61 mph)

we have a 2015 SS Agile w/ 4 cylinder......
after 9,000 miles our average has been 23 to 29 mpg
23.4 with cool weather, some elevation changes and some head wind.
29.5 in warm weather, no wind, flat travel.
(best mileage seems to be at 58 to 61 mph)
hi starfighter,

Does I4 engine provides enough power for steep mountain road driving? Can you compare its power to V6? Also I4's advantage and devastating... I know many people say I4 is good, but you real world experience can be helpful?

Thanks,

bob323

Any idea how the VoltStart and EcoTreck 400 options play a role in this scenario - i.e., leaving your dog in the RV while dining, etc? Sounds to me that the VoltStart would tackle the draining issue of the rooftop A/C by autocranking the RV with the under-hood generator and recharge the batteries. Not sure what role, if any the EcoTreck 400 would play? Anyone out there that knows the answer? Thx.

Lenfagan

The EcoTrek 400 is the battery package. 400 amps Lithium Iron Phosphate. I do not have the voltstart on my 2016 CS Adventurous. If I leave my dogs I run the fan. If to hot for that to keep them comfortable I do not leave them.
Len

Benzorv

Gwayneh
Did you ever get resolution on your Agile, the AC, and how long it’ll cool the van etc.? I have the same question and have not been able to reach the dealer for answers,
Thank you

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Just saw this thread.

We have a 2015 Agile and now have about 40K on it, with four batteries (190ah golf cart 6V), the underhood generator, 300W of solar on the roof, and a 3KW inverter. I can run the AC on battery alone for at least one hour on a sunny day. It could perhaps go longer, but I was being cautious. After a few more hours in the sun after AC was shut off, batteries were back up substantially. (We also have a Norcold 12V refrigerator that runs 24/7 when we're on the road.)

Top Bottom