Lithium battery sources/options

jme3505

2019 Gas Transit
My power usage high load is the 12v sleeping well cube air conditioner. Though I don't have a means of testing the actual load from this, the manufacturer indicated its between 25-44 amps. I use it for short periods to keep my dog cool when I have to be out of the van for re-supply errands. I plug this into the 50 amp fused Andersen connector on my National Luna intelligent solenoid power pack. I also plug my Edgstar 43 qt 12v frig into the Hella socket on the power pack, which is presently housing a puny 100 AH AGM aux battery.
I am curious as to what 12v AC you have. I have been looking for one. As a matter-of-fact I plan to get a 12v fridge too. This will be a winter project as we have been camping in our (passenger van) steel tent for now. Insulation, Maxxfan, and vented windows also.

Jon

jostalli

I am curious as to what 12v AC you have. I have been looking for one. As a matter-of-fact I plan to get a 12v fridge too. This will be a winter project as we have been camping in our (passenger van) steel tent for now. Insulation, Maxxfan, and vented windows also.

Jon
He mentioned the name of his A/C. He said he has the Sleeping Well Cube. Google it. I have the same A/C, which is made by Autoclima called the Ugo.

Tartanbear

Hey folks I'm new to yer forum so hello. Check out compass marine a marine electrician by the name of RC has a great write up about li batts. I built a 400 ah bank for my boat and love it! BUT they are not plug and play. Li batts need certain things like no high and no low voltage. You cant/dont want to float the charge like lead acid batts, so the equipment for charging is different. Yer voltage regulator/charge controller have to be setupable (dont know if that is a word!). Anyway check out RC's write up. Nice to meet all of you.
Im off down the Sprinter build road.... Hope its not a rabit hole!
Take care Ed

jme3505

2019 Gas Transit
jostalli or sandrak, How well does the Sleeping Well Cube work? I can't seem to find any reviews.
Thanks,
Jon

Spike HG

Hey folks I'm new to yer forum so hello. Check out compass marine a marine electrician by the name of RC has a great write up about li batts. I built a 400 ah bank for my boat and love it! BUT they are not plug and play. Li batts need certain things like no high and no low voltage. You cant/dont want to float the charge like lead acid batts, so the equipment for charging is different. Yer voltage regulator/charge controller have to be setupable (dont know if that is a word!). Anyway check out RC's write up. Nice to meet all of you.
Im off down the Sprinter build road.... Hope its not a rabit hole!
Take care Ed
Thanks ED

Found this : http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/lifepo4_on_boats

jme3505

2019 Gas Transit
Elite Power Solutions is selling a GBS-LFMP200AH (4-cell pack) for -$1480 and they sell a nice BMS with an LCD display that you could mount on a cabinet. The catch is that you have to install the BMS system yourself. The BMS can provide a signal when the battery reaches a certain voltage and you have provide a means prevent overcharging or over-discharging via a relay or solenoid.
This seems to be a very good price.
Edit: I see they have a turn key system for $1940

Last edited:

Top Bottom