2016 SS Agile -- Location of Battery Separator

Hi All,

Just a quick update. I did wind up ordering the replacement Balmar MC614 but while waiting for it, I've also installed a BlueSea Automatic Isolator part# 710 and it's working as I thought it would. My long term plan is to add a manual disconnect to use as backup. Although the unit is only rated at 120A, it's sufficient to run the microwave and the AC unit while the engine is running. I noticed the voltage displayed on the panel is about 13.8-13.9 while the engine is idling.

Just want to thank everyone for sharing the insights during when I was going through this ordeal. I now have better understanding of how the electrical system work on the SS Agile!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just want to share some photos of a my "backup" charging system that was installed this past weekend. It seems to be working as planned -- essentially drawing current from the main battery to the AUX AGM via the Bluesea Battery Isolation unit. I also installed a cutoff circuit during when the main underhood generation unit is back in service. That part of the repair will be completed once the part arrives. But for now, my Agile is back in service.

Attachments

Bwm

I have a 2017 SS Agile with the same EcoTek regulator. I want to install a Trik-l charge but I can't find the voltage separator detailed in the instructions. I found this solenoid under the drivers seat.

Attachments

Bwm

Thank you Mein Sprinter. Mine looks completely different. Not sure if this is the issue. Issue all started with first, the lithium batteries would not charge. Then 12V circuits went dead -- then the Inverter would not turn on.
I have a 2017 Agile SS. I have the same device on my firewall. Did you determine that this is the battery separator? I am trying to locate the battery separator.

Top Bottom