How to reset service counter for VS30

tom881019

Just did an oil change but shop didn’t reset my service counter.

Now I’m too far away to go back and let them do it. I tried search the ways to do on my own but couldn’t find any useful.

Anyone got idea how to? I have 2019 Sprinter 2500 with basic display/controls.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turodoggy

I've been trying to figure this out for some time now. The 2019s are not like the 2018s for resetting the service counter. If you did pay to get the work done, just call them and explain the situation. It is possible they just forgot to do it, but it might also be that they are not capable yet. The only way you will know is to talk to them. I somehow lucked out when I did the service on the new sprinter at work, the counter still had over a year left before needing an oil change, which is defiantly way longer than it should have said.

tom881019

I've been trying to figure this out for some time now. The 2019s are not like the 2018s for resetting the service counter. If you did pay to get the work done, just call them and explain the situation. It is possible they just forgot to do it, but it might also be that they are not capable yet. The only way you will know is to talk to them. I somehow lucked out when I did the service on the new sprinter at work, the counter still had over a year left before needing an oil change, which is defiantly way longer than it should have said.

Yea I’ve contacted the shop but the thing is when I figure out I’m 2000km away from them LOL. Now I’m constantly having warning saying I’ve passed my service for xxx km. Will that affect anything other than annoying?

turodoggy

I don't think that should affect anything. It is just a counter. DEF warnings on the other hand can cause a no start condition because that is emissions related if ignored.

turodoggy

I asked a Mercedes tech today, he gave me a print out of how to do it for our 2019 Sprinter, without any steering wheel controls. I will scan it later, but it can be done through the cluster. I haven't tested it yet, but will be in a few more months probably.

tom881019

I asked a Mercedes tech today, he gave me a print out of how to do it for our 2019 Sprinter, without any steering wheel controls. I will scan it later, but it can be done through the cluster. I haven't tested it yet, but will be in a few more months probably.

Please share your result. If possible can you share the print out?

Thank you!

JIB

Every car seems to have a "Back Door" for clearing these messages. Usually, it involves the ignition in several different positions, operating other switches, burning some incense, etc., but it gets the message to go away.

I love forums for stuff like this. The Volvo dealer gets $170 to electronically adjust the stop on the auto-closing windows. It's a three step process that takes 30 seconds without any hardware, once you know the sequence. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks for pursuing this to a solution. We all look forward to you posting it!

Jack

trevor68

Was anyone able to figure this out? The print out from turodoggy is for prior to 2019 vans. Basically it is the way I did the reset with prior years, but the 2019 doesn't have the buttons in the screen.
I have a 2019 MB Sprinter Cargo base model. I looked at a bunch of videos, but I am stuck attempting to reset the system after its first oil change. Once I get to the Assyst Plus screen and click on it, I get A Service due but cannot go beyond that screen.

turodoggy

Hello,
The printout I attached is for 2019 vans without steering wheel controls and maybe other options. I've used it to reset the first reminder on a 2019 before. Older vans use a similar but different method. I think the method can change with options.

turodoggy

Close all doors, and hood.
Push the Start button, without pressing the brake.
Press the Back button (U shaped arrow next to the OK button) to get to the screen that says "Total Distance"
Press the Back button and hold it for 2 seconds, and then press the OK button. If I remember correctly, you press the OK button while still holding the Back button.
This should bring up the service data screen (Workshop menu)
Use the arrow keys to select the ASSYST PLUS and press the OK button
Use the arrow keys to select FULL SERVICE and press OK
Use the arrow keys to select SERVICE and press OK
Use the arrow keys to select which oil you used. It will probably be 229.52 (but I think the display might only show the last two numbers 52). Press OK
Use the arrow keys to select YES and press OK
Use the arrow keys to select CONFIRMATION and press OK
Press the Back button until you get back to the Total Distance screen
Press the Start button to turn everything off.

The hardest part was to get into that service data screen, which I think took me a few tries. I do think the order of everything was very specific, and it is also import to have everything closed.

trevor68

Turodoggy: I am truly grateful! Thanks to your detailed instructions, I was able to finally get this done. You earned your good samaritan points today. God bless!

trevor68

I forgot to add that the key point that you mentioned (and that no video showed) was This fact:
“Press the Back button and hold it for 2 seconds, and then press the OK button.”

Every video that I saw said to press them together at once, but the only thing that happened when I did that is that it would reset the millage, but didnt send you to the workshop menu.

turodoggy

I had to figure this out last year. Delivery vans rack up a lot of miles, and we change the oil early with the extra idling. I had a hard time finding anything. This is way overly complicated just to reset a reminder.

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
Turodoggy: I am truly grateful! Thanks to your detailed instructions, I was able to finally get this done. You earned your good samaritan points today. God bless!
If you hit the "Thanks" link at the bottom of turodoggy's post he/she will be rewarded with actual "good samaritan points" recorded in the forum's meta data.

Top Bottom