2004 Buzzing Sounds

cdog66

I have a 2004 that has a barely audible buzzing or beeping sound while running, very high pitch. No Lights and no codes. When you turn the key off it beeps a couple of times and then you can hear a relay shut off and it stops after a couple seconds. It does have an EGR delete on the engine. Anyone else experience this? Video of sound is down a couple replies.

Last edited:

JoeyB

Could it be your "aux heater"? Ours has a pretty high pitch to it if we have it on. When turning the van off, it continues to run just for a little bit.

cdog66

I have not used the aux heater yet, so I don't think that is it. Also, it changes from a whine to a beep when the key is turned off. Thanks for the suggestion thou!

cdog66

Thanks for the reply, but it is definitely an electrical noise and it beeps when it is turned off. I will try and get a recording of it...thanks for your input!

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Hmmm. My 2004 has never made a noise anything like that.
Do you have any 3rd party devices?
Perhaps your stereo is picking up interference?
You could pull the stereo fuse (10amp, #15, right side) under the steering column and see if it stops.

-dave

DRTDEVL

Mine did that at one point... unfortunately I forget what else changed to make it stop (or did it ever? I don't remember).

Either way, it was harmless, but annoying.

Top Bottom