Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #41
jgourley

Default Re: Dynotronics ECU flashing and Rawtek exhaust review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima74 View Post
When you do a tune, first you reset and clear all trouble codes from the ECU's memory, and only after that you start modifying whatever you need to modify.

The AdBlue system can be completely bypassed and NOx sensors disconnected without any modifications, but you will still have a check engine light on, but with any limp mode.
What is the most cost effective tool to reset and clear the trouble codes? Won't the codes just return immediately if there is a condition? For example, I believe my system needs a new DEF heater and DEF spray valve. If I reset the codes for these two components, will they not just return immediately?
jgourley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:32 PM   #42
Owain@

You do not need to reset the ECU trouble codes before tuning, the ECU is being updated, it's the other components that aren't being modified that are the issue.

If you have a DEF countdown in the cluster that needs to be reset by doing a DEF relearn/refill procedure with mbstar or a similar tool. The SCR module needs to be connected for this and the procedure depends on the condition for the countdown.
Owain@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:33 AM   #43
srt4ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourley View Post
What is the most cost effective tool to reset and clear the trouble codes? Won't the codes just return immediately if there is a condition? For example, I believe my system needs a new DEF heater and DEF spray valve. If I reset the codes for these two components, will they not just return immediately?
I had the same codes on mine before tune no need to reset that and no codes are not going to be back i know i put close to 100k with the tune never had any codes or anything mine was tuned by malone.
srt4ny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:09 AM   #44
jgourley

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4ny View Post
I had the same codes on mine before tune no need to reset that and no codes are not going to be back i know i put close to 100k with the tune never had any codes or anything mine was tuned by malone.
Thanks for the input. Did you disconnect all the sensors recommended by Malone? Did you do both the tune and delete? What year is your van?
jgourley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #45
lruss

Big Difference and great company to work with - ask for Joe on the sprinters ( i chose the bench flash and it was a 3 day turnaround and thats from CA to TX ), im all stock apart from the tune - amazing perfomance difference, no more waiting for the traffic to open up before manouvering :)
lruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:08 PM   #46
srt4ny

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Did you disconnect all the sensors recommended by Malone? Did you do both the tune and delete? What year is your van?
I just did full delete of all the emission components no added power my van is 2015 yes I disconnected all the sensors very happy with it i drive 400-500 miles a day so not having to worry about getting stranded somewhere is awesome now 360,000 miles runs beautiful
srt4ny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:42 PM   #47
Nate.evans

Quote:
Nate, give us an update on the vehicle. I have a 2010 also and am tired of being held hostage to the endless money pit of keeping the Adblue happy and the MB proprietary software. We originally purchased the vehicle because of its size and the promise of very clean emissions, but this has been a big letdown. I looked at the Malone specs today and see that they recommend doing the following:

**2010+ Sprinters (all unplugging must be done BEFORE installing the tuned ECU):

MUST UNPLUG THE SCR CONTROLLER. Click here for a picture. The location of the adblue controller may vary.
UNPLUG DPF temperature sensors
UNPLUG NOx sensors
UNPLUG DPF pressure sensor
UNPLUG EGR
UNPLUG SWV (Swirl flap motor/actuator)

Which of these steps were required for the Dyn tune? Do you feel it was necessary to bypass the DPF? Does your start-count down still show up on the dash? Check engine light?
Haven't logged in in awhile, so sorry for the late response... got close to 10K miles on the tune from taking a couple cross country trips. Runs and operates great.

All of those steps are the same as the malone tune or any tune that removes DPF and DEF systems. It's essentially unplugging the sensors attached to the exhaust and the SCR module under the drivers seat.