factory roof rails - manuf/fitment?

tech49

2019 2500 144 4cyl GAS
I need a website or some direction on who built these roof rails for benz, and the assortment of feet and mounts designed to fit in them. Ive checked the upfitter website from benz but I couldnt find anything helpful.

If someone makes these, there have to be corresponding hardware for mounting racks, solars, etc. whatever someone wants the rails for, there has to be an attachment system.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
The factory roof rails from MB are made by an OEM that doesn't sell them on the open market.

You will need to purchase them directly from MB or a vendor that purchased them from MB.

There are a few after-market rails & accessories available. Other folks here may make mention of them.

What are you needing to mount on your roof-top?

tech49

2019 2500 144 4cyl GAS
Im just mounting solar panels. I actually need a way to mount at four points along the length of the rails, while also raising the mounting point about 3/4-1 inch, to clear the middle roof ribs.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
These look good. Are they exactly the same as the OEM roof rails?
Dimension-ally & fitment are the same.

Styled a bit differently.

End Caps are aluminum & removable on both end to allow for t-nut insertion, OEM is plastic and t-slots cannot be inserted from the front.

DanAzon

I saw a video on YouTube where the guy used 12"carriage bolts washers, Seamless Steel Spacer, and nylock nuts. The 1/2" carriage bolts needed a little grinding on the crown of the bolt headband a little shaving on the sides in order to slide into the OEM roof channel. The spacer is to lift the panels up so there is some air flow to keep them cool.

Attachments

Top Bottom