First 2019 Crew 4x4 coming soon to my Dealer

lndscpe

I’ve Been on the forums for some time now just reading and absorbing info on the NCV3’s and especially the VS30’s. I have truly enjoyed all the info about the Various option and builds on the vans.

I’ve had on order for a while now a VS30 144 Crew 4x4, of which I learned are like “unicorns” BUT My Local dealer just called me with the first VS30 144 Crew 4x4 I’ve heard of yet in the country and he asked if I was interested in this one as opposed to waiting any longer, It was close to what we ordered but lacked a enough key items I really desired so I just said “I’ve waited this long I will Just wait until my order can be fulfilled as I desired”.

Anyways it’s coming to Gurley Leep Mercedes ’s Benz in Mishawaka Indiana! it’s in production now so can’t be changed and is coming from Germany. Below is the build sheet for it for those interested. My salesman is great person to deal with just ask For Bob Schell in commercial sales if interested.

83A62FED-6397-47BC-9ED7-DFABA0612DF8.jpeg

sanomechanic

Was told by 3 separate fleet managers that run MB Sprinter sales at 3 different dealers. Only 4x4 Cargo vans will be produced for 2019 and all will be built in the Charleston plant. Until there is a VIN it is only a fairy tale like all other unicorns. If this unicorn of a van does come into existence please post VIN so I can prove these guys at MB wrong.

VanGoSki

Was told by 3 separate fleet managers that run MB Sprinter sales at 3 different dealers. Only 4x4 Cargo vans will be produced for 2019 and all will be built in the Charleston plant. Until there is a VIN it is only a fairy tale like all other unicorns. If this unicorn of a van does come into existence please post VIN so I can prove these guys at MB wrong.
Yeah but this is coming from Germany, so is not in conflict with what you've been told.

Also, have you seen a build sheet with a PO# that was a "fairy tale"? The the PO# would literally have to be a forgery wouldn't it? Seems a bit extreme that a dealer would fake that.

lndscpe

Yeah but this is coming from Germany, so is not in conflict with what you've been told.

Also, have you seen a build sheet with a PO# that was a "fairy tale"? The the PO# would literally have to be a forgery wouldn't it? Seems a bit extreme that a dealer would fake that.
Oh, that’s a good point about the P.O# as my salesman did specifically say that they purchased and it’s coming to them. I’m hoping it’s true as that potentially means ...... just maybe ........ my 4x4 Crew order may just happen this century ?

sanomechanic

The PO only shows it was ordered/requested. Does not mean it will get built!

VanGoSki

The PO only shows it was ordered/requested. Does not mean it will get built!
But it means if there was any deception, MB USA would be in on it, and that I would find hard to believe. If I'm not mistaken, you got the runaround on an order that cost you a lot of time. Was there a PO# on that one? My apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else.

sanomechanic

But it means if there was any deception, MB USA would be in on it, and that I would find hard to believe. If I'm not mistaken, you got the runaround on an order that cost you a lot of time. Was there a PO# on that one? My apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else.
I did not get run around. Was told flat out only the build slots given by MB would be available. It is my understanding that a dealer can put together a build sheet as long as the codes are accepted, how ever, if there is no build slot. It is then a waiting game.
Some 2017 and 2018 4X4 orders took 8 months to well over a year to get build and they all had PO#s. By that time it will be 2020. Just sayin! Would be great to see these dealers proved wrong though!

VanGoSki

If there's no build slot, a build sheet is meaningless. For a dealer to infer otherwise is dishonest. If you're saying such a build sheet has a PO# then perhaps I don't understand what the PO is. I thought it was the dealer's purchase agreement with MB. If that were true, if there's no build slot then there is no PO. Or maybe the dealer is forging the number, I don't know. At any rate, such a build sheet is an agreement between you and the dealer and is being done without any backing by MB USA. I suspect "orders" that have taken a year or more are just the dealer jerking their customers around by selling futures and hoping to get allocations to fill them.

sanomechanic

If there's no build slot, a build sheet is meaningless. For a dealer to infer otherwise is dishonest. If you're saying such a build sheet has a PO# then perhaps I don't understand what the PO is. I thought it was the dealer's purchase agreement with MB. If that were true, if there's no build slot then there is no PO. Or maybe the dealer is forging the number, I don't know. At any rate, such a build sheet is an agreement between you and the dealer and is being done without any backing by MB USA. I suspect "orders" that have taken a year or more are just the dealer jerking their customers around by selling futures and hoping to get allocations to fill them.
Selling futures...That's the just of it. Anytime a dealer submits a build whether they have an allocation "build slot" or not. There is always a purchase order number associated with it. The PO # does not correspond with a build slot .

Kinda sleazy but.... It's called speculation. Many dealers are trying to put in as many orders as possible so MB will bless them with more product. Only dealers with proven sales history get the Lion's share of allocations.
MB is not the only franchise that operates like this. They all do. Dealers who sell most get most. Especially the limited production items.
I was a dealer slave for 20 years.

VanGoSki

Selling futures...That's the just of it. Anytime a dealer submits a build whether they have an allocation "build slot" or not. There is always a purchase order number associated with it. The PO # does not correspond with a build slot .

Kinda sleazy but.... It's called speculation. Many dealers are trying to put in as many orders as possible so MB will bless them with more product. Only dealers with proven sales history get the Lion's share of allocations.
MB is not the only franchise that operates like this. They all do. Dealers who sell most get most. Especially the limited production items.
I was a dealer slave for 20 years.
Gotcha. :thumbup:

Top Bottom