Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

sanomechanic

I drove down to Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad from Orange County to build 4X4 after being on the Sprinter Sales Manager's wait list. Built my van at his desk. Wrote deposit check. Then the general sales manager handed my check back to me. Said the sales manager had no business selling me the van. Told me the Stores GM gave instructions not to sell the van. Too many managers. After spending over an hour at the desk. over an hour stuck in traffic to get there.

Hoehn Mercedes is not a good place to conduct business.:yell:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I drove down to Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad from Orange County to build 4X4 after being on the Sprinter Sales Manager's wait list. Built my van at his desk. Wrote deposit check. Then the general sales manager handed my check back to me. Said the sales manager had no business selling me the van. Told me the Stores GM gave instructions not to sell the van. Too many managers. After spending over an hour at the desk. over an hour stuck in traffic to get there.

Hoehn Mercedes is not a good place to conduct business.:yell:
Ummmm....

...are you going to us why they declined the order?

:popcorn:

sanomechanic

The General Sales Manager of the dealership intervened and took the build away from me and gave my deposit check back. He then bad mouthed the Sprinter Sales manager to me in the process. Told me the Sprinter manager had no business selling it. That he was told not to by the GM. That he has a hard time listening. Very strange set events. Guess they decided to give it to some one paying more money or something. They only had 1 build slot available. Who knows! Very bad experience there.

Last edited:

Matt Foley

Down by The River
The General Sales Manager of the dealership intervened and took the build away from me and gave my deposit check back. He then bad mouthed the Sprinter Sales manager to me in the process. Told me the Sprinter manager had no business selling it. That he was told not to by the GM. That he has a hard time listening. Very strange set events. Guess they decided to give it to some one paying more money or something. They only had 1 build slot available. Who knows! Very bad experience there.
And what was the reason for taking the sale away from you?

:popcorn:
Pay attention.

Matt Foley

Down by The River
He added/edited that after I made my post.... :thumbup:
Actually, it looks like he edited his post 6 minutes after he made it, and your post that you have now deleted was made after that.

Why did you delete your post? Afraid that you'd look like more of a fool or a liar than you do right now?

Onefin

I like Hoehn, and use them exclusively for service.
They’ve been the only shop working on my vans since 2014.

I’ve never bought a van there so who knows?
Both dealers I bought from were not very good.....
The Mercedes dealer network has some issues and the high demand for the 4x4 vans is going to make it harder for most people to get a van.

I’m still struggling why The OP drove down to Carlsbad to make an order if he is traffic adverse....easy to do all that over the phone and internet. It’s not like there are a bunch of 4x4 vans on the lot to look at and drive. It does appear that the sales side of the business may have some issues....they’ve never had a solid sprinter salesperson since 2014 that I can recall.

There are many sprinter dealers near Orange County. Laguna Niguel, Walters, Temecula, Beverly Hills....but if you are ordering a van it doesn’t matter much what dealer....you just gotta go pick it up if they ever build it.

I’d recommend the OP contact a dealer that knows what’s up.....Aaron Berkowitz at Rocklin MB comes to mind.

I’d rather have the check handed back and the order cancelled on the spot versus waiting months thinking I was in line for a van. I’d still be annoyed.....so I’m not debating that the situation sucks.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Actually, it looks like he edited his post 6 minutes after he made it, and your post that you have now deleted was made after that.

Why did you delete your post? Afraid that you'd look like more of a fool or a liar than you do right now?
Actually, not. :thumbdown:

For what it's worth, and clearly won't be much to you since you are just fvcking trolling me and yet again... :shifty:

He made the post at 7:40

I viewed the post at 7:42

I replied at 7:44

He edited his post at 7:46

Annotation-2019-05-15-124820.jpg

I deleted my post, as it was no longer relevant.

Now who's the fool! :lol:

PS... Get help for your anger issues......

Last edited:

sanomechanic

I like Hoehn, and use them exclusively for service.
They’ve been the only shop working on my vans since 2014.

I’ve never bought a van there so who knows?
Both dealers I bought from were not very good.....
The Mercedes dealer network has some issues and the high demand for the 4x4 vans is going to make it harder for most people to get a van.

I’m still struggling why The OP drove down to Carlsbad to make an order if he is traffic adverse....easy to do all that over the phone and internet. It’s not like there are a bunch of 4x4 vans on the lot to look at and drive. It does appear that the sales side of the business may have some issues....they’ve never had a solid sprinter salesperson since 2014 that I can recall.

There are many sprinter dealers near Orange County. Laguna Niguel, Walters, Temecula, Beverly Hills....but if you are ordering a van it doesn’t matter much what dealer....you just gotta go pick it up if they ever build it.

I’d recommend the OP contact a dealer that knows what’s up.....Aaron Berkowitz at Rocklin MB comes to mind.

I’d rather have the check handed back and the order cancelled on the spot versus waiting months thinking I was in line for a van. I’d still be annoyed.....so I’m not debating that the situation sucks.
One Fin... There are many options available that are not on the MBVANS build site. Like Luxury Interior Package V21 Rear roof trim V36 Full paneling sliding door V4A Full paneling rear doors VA7.. and much more . If you are not in front of a MB dealers computer you cannot see them over the phone . Also The Sales manager suggested we sit down and build to see what is and is not available. LIKE LED HEADLAMPS...ROOF RACKS....HIGH IDLE CONTROL.

Orange County. Laguna Niguel, Walters, Temecula, Beverly Hills ect.. There vans were already taken

Attachments

Last edited:

Onefin

One Fin... There are many options available that are not on the MBVANS build site. Like Luxury Interior Package V21 Rear roof trim V36 Full paneling sliding door V4A Full paneling rear doors VA7.. and much more . If you are not in front of a MB dealers computer you cannot see them over the phone . Also The Sales manager suggested we sit down and build to see what is and is not available. LIKE LED HEADLAMPS...ROOF RACKS....HIGH IDLE CONTROL.

Orange County. Laguna Niguel, Walters, Temecula, Beverly Hills ect.. There vans were already taken
I understand that. I also understand you being annoyed. That’s poor business to suggest you driving down etc..I’m nit defending them at all on the sales side.
I’d be passed too.
I tried to buy a van from Laguna Niguel in 2014.....couldn’t do it.....too frustrating

Top Bottom