Sore neck

dmccrary90025

2016 CS Adventurous and my first RV. I've taken a few distance driving excursions. My neck is really sore while driving. Has anyone suffered the same and more importantly what have you done to cure it? Thanks

sailquik

Suspension seats!
Pillows/padding in front of the upgrade adjustable headrest so you can lean your head back against
something rather than holding your head erect in air space for the entire drive time!
Or, perhaps look into a HANS device like race car drivers now wear to support their necks/heads.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Last edited:

Lenfagan

I have a 2014 CS Adventurous with 13,400 miles on it. Had a couple of 12 hour driving days. Never a sore neck. My complaint is the bumpy ride in the back seat area. Prevents my wife or myself to relax in the back when driving.

Len

gte

2008 RS
I have a 2014 CS Adventurous with 13,400 miles on it. Had a couple of 12 hour driving days. Never a sore neck. My complaint is the bumpy ride in the back seat area. Prevents my wife or myself to relax in the back when driving.

Len
You might check on this forum, but some have suggested Koni adjustable shocks to help with the bumpy ride in the rear. As I recall they are supposed to help smooth out the rebound from a bump. I have them on my 2008 RS and the ride back there seems a bit better. My RS is a 3/4 ton so not certain about how they would help on a one ton RS

Bud man

Are you sure it's not stress?

It's your first RV, possibly the largest vehicle you've ever driven. Try to relax, roll your head from time to time to release the tension in your neck. It will get easier as you become accustomed to the drive.

whaley1

Suspension seats!
Pillows/padding in front of the upgrade adjustable headrest so you can lean your head back against
something rather than holding your head erect in air space for the entire drive time!
Or, perhaps look into a HANS device like race car drivers now wear to support their necks/heads.
Hope this helps,
Roger
ROGER- Whose suspension seats do you recommend?

Thanks

sailquik

whaley1,
The only suspension seats I have experience with are the OEM Factory suspension seats that are installed in my 2014
516 Series (3500 USA) 4325mm-170 in wheelbase high top short back Sprinter.
It's important to get the adjustable head rest (they fold out toward the front so
you can add padding between the front and rear parts of the head rest to support
your neck.
The headrests in the photo here are NOT the upgraded ones. Imagine if you can that the head rest is split in half
vertically and the front half is hinged at the top.
That would be the upgraded head rests that are adjustable to support the neck area.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
Exercise, diet and hydration all help in long trips, being over weight and under fit will have an impact on your general fatigue.

Top Bottom