So...my hood wont open?

Coolio

So the openhood latch under the dash is not engaging with hood unlocking mechanism in the engine compartment. Have no idea why and trying to figure this out without braking something. Anybody ever have this happen to them? cheers

Carminooch615

Have someone press down on your hood as you go inside the cab and pull the latch again. This is the only way I can do it lately. While it’s open, hit it with some white lithium grease or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coolio

I was able to get my grill cover off and then push on the release from the bottom with a screw driver. Just seems sticky and maybe a new cable would help. wack.

SkyGypsy

Spray it liberally with wd40. Helped a ton for me. If that doesn't work get a cable lubricator. I doubt you need a new cable.

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Spray it liberally with wd40. Helped a ton for me. If that doesn't work get a cable lubricator. I doubt you need a new cable.
WD is a good start for loosening but it doesn’t leave enough lube behind. After the WD follow up with silicone spray or some other lubricant that will stay around.

Check for the pin showing wear.

An old thread.

Over time my 2004 hood latch cable became harder and harder to pull to the point that I worried about something breaking. I routinely lube those and other parts. Extra lube didn't help. Inspection showed that the pin had a worn flat spot. I rotated the pin 1/2 turn looser and everything went back to working properly.

My guess is getting off the flat spot was more help than was the 1/2 turn looser.

:2cents: vic

Top Bottom