Forum needs blocking feature.

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

The ignore feature is completely useless. A blocking feature that prevents listed members from viewing posts would be more useful.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
So you should be able to dictate what someone else can see?
(in an otherwise "public" thread)

--dick (not a fan of the idea)

glasseye

I'm not sure that's what he meant, Dick. I think Bobnoxious wants the ability for members to block seeing other members. At present, you still see the presence of the "ignored" members' posts, but you don't see the actual post.

In other words, I think he wants to make the "ignored" members completely invisible. That might be handy, but it's not going to happen without some coding from the forum software devs.

Not sure, however, why somebody as opinionated as bobnoxious would wish to make other members invisible. :idunno: He might miss out on some of the replies to his trolling. :thinking:

D

Deleted member 50714

Yes, only for those I deem unappreciative of my contributions.

D

Deleted member 50714

I'm not sure that's what he meant, Dick. I think Bobnoxious wants the ability for members to block seeing other members. At present, you still see the presence of the "ignored" members' posts, but you don't see the actual post.

In other words, I think he wants to make the "ignored" members completely invisible. That might be handy, but it's not going to happen without some coding from the forum software devs.

Not sure, however, why somebody as opinionated as bobnoxious would wish to make other members invisible. :idunno: He might miss out on some of the replies to his trolling. :thinking:
Nein!!! I am cognizant of the coding complexities involved and Blocking feature not feasible.

Projection??? I am "opinionated" and you're not? I do believe some introspection is in order.

The adjective "assertive" is more appropriate.

Well...thank you esteemed graduate of Karl Marx's treatment center, for your edifying message of optimism and goodwill.

My dad, an accomplished Bass Master and Cuss Miester was fond of saying, "to catch a fish, gotta use an appealing trolling lure.

Outta 89,000 member's, I can think
of only two I wouldn't hesitate to block.

For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise. Benjamin Franklin.

Last edited by a moderator:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There are (at least) a couple of ways you could (somewhat) achieve your goal:

(a) the forum's "private message" system ... compile a list of the people who (you think) would want to see your ramblings (pardon: insightful views on the world's situations) and squirt messages to them. I recommend being polite and asking them first before saturating their inboxes.

(b) migrate to Facebook (or similar).

--dick

D

Deleted member 50714

There are (at least) a couple of ways you could (somewhat) achieve your goal:

(a) the forum's "private message" system ... compile a list of the people who (you think) would want to see your ramblings (pardon: insightful views on the world's situations) and squirt messages to them. I recommend being polite and asking them first before saturating their inboxes.

(b) migrate to Facebook (or similar).

--dick
Too much work, and FB is the last thing I need.

Top Bottom