New bull bar 903 sprinter

Bombora

Any of the smart bars floating around out there for a 903 sprinter..

I am located in wa but happy to pay shipping ect.

Thanks Leon

Bombora

Thanks, I’ll have to get in contact with Eric!!

Just got my Pitts inspection delined here in wa due to my bull bar being racked forward. Have sourced a plastic bumper to put on for the time being, but would like a bull bar long term.. I could mod my bar to meet requirements but not sure on inspection requirements in the future as all bar manufacturers say not to modify

Banjo48

Ha Ha can't believe the mongrels at our WA pitts inspections ! a bit OT, but a few years ago I bought a brand new Nissan Patrol from Victoria, (long story, short story but good price) had a nice shiny nissan bullbar thrown in to sweeten the deal, drove it over from Vic to WA and booked in for inspection to change to WA rego, arrogant idiot failed it as he said bullbar did not comply due to indicator angles and headlight obstruction !

I had to get a temporary bumper from our local Nissan dealer, remove bullbar, fit temp standard bumper, take back for new inspection then refit bullbar.

All this was organised by Nissan AU after I kicked up about their bullbars supposedly not complying, they thought it was a joke.

Bombora

Yeah, I think they believe they are God’s.. I am hesitant to te install the bar as he has reported it as non compliant to some type of gov agency... if I get pulled up in the future or god forbid an accident I will be screwed I think

Banjo48

Leon, reason I removed the extra brackets was they protruded in front of the bar and could be classed as a danger in any impact. My fog lights that were on it were stuffed anyway, I'll install an Led lightbar one day if I find I need the extra light..

Bombora

Cheers all.

Eric has a bar

I just fitted a stock bumper for rego purposes.. now do I modify my bull bar to rake back and re install. Potential legal issues or ship Erics bar to wa and install that.. arrrhhh

jaahn

Cheers all.

Eric has a bar

I just fitted a stock bumper for rego purposes.. now do I modify my bull bar to rake back and re install. Potential legal issues or ship Erics bar to wa and install that.. arrrhhh
Hi Bombora :rolleyes:
You worry too much about unimportant stuff. Do what is easiest and cost the least. Then just drive it :thumbup: Bull bars are a waste of time, effort and the fuel to carry them around IMHO.
Jaahn

Bombora

unfortunately getting the vehicle registered and on the road is important. bull bars are worth while. as many Aussies that travel regional I'm sure can vouch for

PeterInSa

I do not need the weight of a Bull Bar in the GVM of our Campervan fitted out with Stove/Frig Shower,Toilet/Sat Dish/TV aerial/Air Cond. etc etc, would rather replace it with Food/Clothes, Fishing Rods or Diesel Heater. Just try an avoid driving at night/late afternoon and if necessary drive a a lower speed.

And Pros and Cons of Bull Bars/Driving Lights:
http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79291

But I have a Bullbar on my Landcruiser that has an upgraded GVM/GCM and upgraded towing capacity.

Last edited:

Bombora

Thanks all I have decided to go for a smart bar if Eric still has available..

Appreciate the help and that is an interesting read thanks Peter

Top Bottom