Reverse camera

Eds

Eds
Hi guys I am still trying to get this reverse working on my 318 sprinter the camera plug and monitor plug both meet under the dash on the right hand side but do not plug in anywhere. I think I am missing the control box so I have ordered one ,now I need some advice where I will pick up the power for this control box when I select reverse. When I have my lights on and and select reverse the hazard lights come on in this normal on the ex ambos. Cheers eds

Sockeye770

When I have my lights on and and select reverse the hazard lights come on in this normal on the ex ambos. Cheers eds
Yes, this is normal for ambos. It is a handy feature if you don't want to annoy everyone at 5 am.

Cheers
Andrew

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
I just went and checked my ex ambo, it didnt put the hazards on like yours, Im sure all of these things are wired differently and are all unique to each other.......

Last edited:

Sockeye770

I just went and checked my ex ambo, it didnt put the hazards on like yours, Im sure all of these things are wired differently and are all unique to each other.......:yell:
There are 2 different companies that make them. Mader & ETT.
Which company made yours?

Kunama

Hi guys I am still trying to get this reverse working on my 318 sprinter the camera plug and monitor plug both meet under the dash on the right hand side but do not plug in anywhere. I think I am missing the control box so I have ordered one ,now I need some advice where I will pick up the power for this control box when I select reverse. When I have my lights on and and select reverse the hazard lights come on in this normal on the ex ambos. Cheers eds
Are you after the reverse light power or power to the unit itself. On my 315 (2008) I picked up the reverse light power on the left side A pillar, from memory a solid green wire.

Eds

Eds
I am after power for the control box the ambos must have had power under this dash somewhere but I cannot find it so I need to run new power cable might have to take it to an auto elec. Cheers eds

Reliable

I am after power for the control box the ambos must have had power under this dash somewhere but I cannot find it so I need to run new power cable might have to take it to an auto elec. Cheers eds
I can look up which fuse you can connect it to in Autodata, let me know. Will need to know how old is your 318.

Reliable

Thanks reliable that would be good my sprinter is a 2009 cheers eds.
I'd use the fuse
F13 (15A) in the main fuse box. It's for Audio, Cigarette lighter socket, Glovebox light.
or
F25 Aux.power socket
or
F35 Audio unit

Any of theses should do good, Narva makes a fuse adapter called "Add a circuit",
just check which of the above fuses have +12V ON with the key in ACC position and with the engine running as well. They aren't connected to other circuits than these that I've listed, so totally safe to get the power from them for the RVC.

Eds

Eds
I have just bought a cb40 ecco control box but I think the wiring of it is a bit over my head I will have to find someone who knows how to wire it up for me. This control box does 4 cameras but I only want need one.

keeleydavis

Which spot would be good to plug into the fuse box for the power for the camera when key is on position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom