UN Asks US To Stop Biofuel Production - Jim Bakker Show

david_42

I expected this. With 40% of a typical crop of corn going to ethanol production, this year and probably next yea will be a problem. However, I don't think the EPA will do anything. Food prices aren't their problem. They've been fining companies for over a year for not using cellulose-based ethanol, despite the minor problem that no one in world is making this on a commercial basis. They make rules and set fines for non-compliance.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Don't be so sure about this one, as to severe droughts and limited water supply especially with ungrounded aqueducts.

It also has another issue rising with Hydro fracking in the U.S, for LNG there are quote a few of these folk drilling about in various states and location, being asked to stop or restrictions being placed on the drillers as to excess water use.

Look on the bright side gas is on it's way back up again.:frown:
Richard

shortshort

Dis member
It's not the EPA alone. They tried to stop ethanol subsidies (it's a loser without govt $) in the senate and got about 5 votes. Corn state senators have power and wield it. Only the truly insane stuff gets bipartisan support anymore.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
So.... did we tell the UN we've stopped biofuel production? I know we really didn't, but it's not like they're going to send bio-fuel inspectors to the US looking for violations of the bio-fuel cessation agreement.

lindenengineering

I will say categorically that I against the use of food for fuel! Period
Its an abomination!

I was invited several years ago to a symposium of alternative fuels by the Dept of Energy here in Denver.
Half way through the presentation I had to interrupt the speaker and pee on his parade!

Basically I said the following;
Esteem Sir sorry to interrupt but it is immoral to covert food into fuel.
To create a tankful of ethanol to power someones Flexfuel Chevy Tahoe denies someone in the underdeveloped world a whole year's worth of food to survive. Now the US can be puff chested that the US farmer can feed the world and often does for the most part. It something the USA can be proud of even if it is linked to political intrigue.
Using food like this to alleviate a few cents of inconvenience for the US motorist when pump fuel rises is just plain wrong and demonstrates a skewed Gov policy. Especially when the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere Haiti, has women forced to bake mud cookies to quell the howling hunger in the bellies of their infant kids.
I have seen famine first hand in Eritrea and saw a woman and her infant child literally die in on their feet front of me due to hunger. It something I have never forgotten, only the flies were actively living on their corpses!
In short God have mercy upon us.
In the Koran (and I am not a Muslim) it is written Allah favours the merciful and the compassionate. We should remember that!

The auditorium fell silent and I think I made my point!
At the coffee break I had a discussion with other attendees who had no idea of what sort of life exists in the underdeveloped world where I have lived for much of my younger working life.
Dennis

bladerunner

May be no need for Biofuel ........................

http://www.zdnet.com/korean-scientists-develop-fast-charging-battery-7000002577/

Korean scientists develop fast-charging battery

Summary: Scientists in South Korea say new development cuts down recharging time to between 1/30 and 1/120 of existing lithium-ion batteries and could boost uptake of electric vehicles when developed.
Kevin Kwang

By Kevin Kwang | August 14, 2012 -- 03:13 GMT (13:13 AEST)

South Korean scientists have developed a new material for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that they say could cut charging time down significantly and prove a boon for electric vehicles.

According to Yonhap News Agency's report on Monday, a group of scientists from Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, who were funded by the country's Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, has gone beyond conventional rechargeable battery technology.

Conventional batteries use powdered nanoparticle materials to form a dense, multi-layered structure that can store and give off energy, it noted. The new battery will use the same nanoparticle materials, but these will be in the form of a solution that contains graphite which will later carbonize to form a dense network of conductors throughout the electrodes of the battery, the ministry stated in the report.

Now, all the electrodes of the battery will be able to recharge simultaneously whereas conventional batteries' electrodes can be charged starting from the outermost particles in. This cuts down charging time for the new battery to between 1/30 and 1/120 of existing rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, the ministry added.

"The research is especially remarkable in that it overcame limitations of existing lithium-ion batteries. We will further move closer to developing a new secondary battery for electric cars that can be fully recharged in less than a minute," said Cho Jae-phil, a professor at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, in the report.

The scientists' research paper was published earlier in August in the international edition of the weekly journal Angewandte Chemie, it added.

http://portphillippublishing.com.au/pro/n10osi-stratmin.php?code=EOSINA40&n=n10stratmin#continue

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yes Dennis I have seen it including what the Euro sector is concerned about, they have their problems too.

I don't know how your going to get around it , but with the driest summer in decades lack of water the rest follows, energy demand goes up,refinery's go down in some sectors with power-outage and your going to be looking at 6 bucks a gallon for diesel.

It annoys me as it reflects globally with those dam hedgehogs playing with the stock risks markets.

It doesn't help you or us or any one else, except place further strain on our economies.
Give me an honest opinion how in the hell is an average low income wage earner in the states that works at 6 to 12 bucks an hour supposed to break even, at the end of a hard week.
Richard

Top Bottom