2019 144 HR 4x4 Optional Equipment

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
If you don’t need passenger seats in rear go cargo in my opinion. You do get windows in the slider door and panel behind driver seat with a crew but if that’s not important or you have plans to install windows later then I don’t think the crew is for you. You can add swivel seats in a cargo as well which is a plus.

Nothing about these vans is enexpensive...but I think you have to get the “low & high 4x4 package” I’ve never seen a 4x4 without it. Someone can explain the mechanics or reasoning behind it though I’m sure.

wquek

Work in progress
If you don’t need the second row of seats, don’t order the crew. Off the top of my head, the crew package includes the bench seats, second row of windows, rear windows in doors, plastic floor with tie downs and the V35 wheel well cover. Best to review the dealer guide to confirm. In the 906 model, if you order cargo van and decide later to retrofit a second row of seats, you will have more difficulty doing that because the factory mounting holes are not there. But the VS30 might be different. So keep that in mind.

As far as the high or low range, I think all 4wd come with the same transfer case which has both gear ranges. Doesn’t seem like something that can be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typing this on my cell so I don't have the exact numbers but the low option ($7,800) only adds an additional $350ish to the 4x4 package, it's a must!

I decided against the side windows (cargo build) as they charge around $100 each to remove the fixed windows when you replace with vented windows. As much as I prefer the clean factory cut and primer your left with some caulk/sealant which could prevent a perfect fit of the aftermarket window.

The high idle option is not currently available anymore. (Us build)

I also decided against the floor (wood or plastic) as the outfitter will trash anyway.

Don't get the step bumper or hitch if your going to add an Aluminus bumper. Also, the full door open option is useless if you add the box or spare tire on the Aluminus bumper.

Legwound

Found some more that I felt important...X72 - Crew van 2nd row comfort package. I wanted the reclining 2nd row, I don’t know if it was necessary to order this option to achieve that though...but I don’t want to regret it...better yet I don’t want to hear about it from my kids.

W54 - rear doors open to side wall...this was huge for me, thought it was standard but learned on this forum it is an option w this model. No brainer for me, sprinter will be used primarily as a surf van and it would be such a hassle to have the door at a 90 in a tiny packed parking lot at a surf break.

The fuel gauge optimizer and fuel tank aux tap too. Will be using a diesel hydronic unit.
what is the fuel gauge optimizer? I'm going to swap a 180 liter tank into mine and am wondering how this will affect fuel guage accuracy

JIB

what is the fuel gauge optimizer? I'm going to swap a 180 liter tank into mine and am wondering how this will affect fuel guage accuracy
It measures the actual level of fuel in the tank, instead of the fuel metered through the engine.

Jack

Top Bottom