closet flange leak

I have a 2007 Road trek Agile. When using the shower the water from the shower is leaking in around the base of the closet flange. It leaks under the closet flange. I want to remove the closet flange and caulk between it and the shower floor and then reattach to the floor. Any ideas on how to remove. I kind of think the whole network is glued all the way down to the holding tank and you would have to remove that. (nightmare to me). I can caulk around the outside base of the flange but getting under it would be a lot better.

Any ideas?

Attachments

RT.SS

The closet flange is permanently glued into the black tank plumbing. Only way to remove it is to Dremel out the flange lip, drop the tank, install a new coupler and new toilet flange, lots of work.

Easy fix would be to apply caulk/ sealant around the flange, to mounting holes/ screws, and to the cutouts for the 2 mounting bolts for the toilet bowl. Install the 2 mount bolts while caulk is not set then the toilet so you can still reposition/ adjust it in place. Hope that helps.

thanks rt. I think I will do that. May also put a little 3 m tape up the side of the flange. As a side note the closet water hose just comes through the floor with no sealant around it, so any shower water that goes behind the toilet can just run down the hose. If you look at the picture you can see where I sealed it but then found I still had a leak and it is the closet flange.

Working at it.

Attachments

RT.SS

This is a common complain from RT owners, leaking around the closet flange. I caulk mine right after I acquired the RV. You don't need a 3M tape on the flange, the rubber flange gasket sits atop of it and makes an airtight seal.

When I dropped the black tank for service, I replaced the closet flange to push-in removable type for easier servicing in the future.

Top Bottom