SS Agile Coach Wiring Locations

Mossytoes

Hi, I'm looking to add LiIon batteries and do some other electrical upgrades to my 2010 SS Agile. Does anyone have a description or diagram of the wiring for the 'house'? I'm especially interested in how the main wire from the house batteries are routed to the charger/inverter and the main fuse panel.

Thanks!

RT.SS

The (+) DC wire from your coach batteries to the inverter is routed under the driver seat base. The (-) DC wire from the inverter is bolted into the chassis and it uses the chassis as the negative pathway to the coach batteries. The AC wires to and from the Fuse panel are routed along the driver side B-pillar.

I have upgraded my inverter to Magnum 1000watt PSW and replaced my AGM batteries to Lifelines, check the link for pictures, it might help with your install: http://roadtreklife.blogspot.com/2016/12/magnum-mms1012-psw-inverter-and.html

ddavison

I added 4 additional AGM batteries to our 2014 CS Adventurous. Since the existing batteries from Roadtrek are AGM, the installation was straight forward, with the new batteries wired in parallel with the others. Note that the original coach batteries are 6 volts and are connected in pairs to make 12volts. This doesn't need to be changed, just FYI. The sprinter alternator would handle the extra batteries as it is controlled by the Sprinter voltage regulator. Our Sprinter had a somewhat bonehead method of circuit protection that resulted in strange noises under the hood and batteries that would not charge when discharged after a couple of nights of boondocking. This was Roadtreks design, not MB.
This setup has been working well for six months now, but I would not use this method with batteries of different chemistry types (lithium) and ages, so you will have to do some homework. IMHO the lithium batteries are not well suited to cold climates and need to be maintained and kept warm. They also have different charging requirements than lead-acid or AGM batteries. I have also added an underhood generator (alternator) that looks after the (8) coach batteries now, but, as they say, that's another story. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Top Bottom