Removing house Batteries

poakes

I have 4 house Batteries in my 2015 GW Sprinter. I’m trying to remove them to check them out. I removed all the screws on the metal plate and I tried to force it open. Obviously there’s something I’m missing. Any help showing me how to remove them is appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil

Snowdrift

Did you ever figure out how to get the covers off? Having the same problem on our 2012 great western van! Thanks!

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Are you talking about the "hatch" covers that are flush with the floor in the back? Mine open easily--one screw in each corner. (although if you have four batteries, you likely have the long chassis, which might be different). I'm thinking the rubber seals are sticky and you just need to gently pry the lid open.

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Are you talking about the "hatch" covers that are flush with the floor in the back? Mine open easily--one screw in each corner. (although if you have four batteries, you likely have the long chassis, which might be different). I'm thinking the rubber seals are sticky and you just need to gently pry the lid open.
+1 on the seals being sticky. Also, the covers in my 2008 GWV Legend are pretty heavy gauge steel, so they weigh more than you might be expecting.

Top Bottom