Comfort Susp with Stabilizer II

GI Jones - just saw your posts on other threads, 170 psgr diesel. I should have read latest posts other threads before asking the obvious. Sorry folks I'll bet better at this online stuff...

GLJones

No problem. Basically, we got the Diesel 170 Passenger in red with just about every option except 4x4....and not the powered passenger door opener and the LED lighting package, both now unavailable until 2020.
Since it only comes in a 15 passenger version now, we will be removing the 3rd row seats and moving the 4th row up to the 3rd row. Wish they offered the 12 passenger 170 like our current 2012 one.

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
Any update on this from those with it? 700ish from mercedes or aftermarket fox shocks? How much does the factory package improve the ride? My dealer says it's only for those carrying lots of weight, but that doesn't sound right. I thought they improved the rebound.

Thanks

cacaw

The brochure says that Stabilization Level I is standard on 1500's and 2500's (Level II is standard on 3500's and 4500's).

The code CB7 provides enhanced roll stabilization with enhanced body.CB7 reduces body roll behavior through increased load/body center position. Depending on the GVWR, stabilizers are mounted to the front and rear axle and under circumstances with larger diameter. In addition, shock absorbers that have adapted characteristic are mounted.

On our passenger van, "Suspension for comfort and load protection" is also standard.

This suspension option offers increased comfort from the adapted dampening characteristics of the shock absorbers on front and rear axle. It additionally has an application of double-leaf parabolic springs with progressive spring characteristic which increase the driving comfort in unloaded vehicles. The spring is designed to be “soft” under low applied force, and becomes “firmer” when the vehicle is loaded, ensuring suitably firm suspension properties.

Feels good to me but I don't have anything to compare it to. In any case, I'm not anxious to take the new van down to Agile and get a new suspension. (Although I wouldn't mind a slight lift.)

Top Bottom