Wiring colors for 2019 Sprinter door speakers

Redstone

Hi.... first wanted to thank everyone involved in this forum. What a great resource!! Wow things up front have changed in the 2019 Sprinter!!! Wait till you try and replace the tweeters !! .... Does anyone know the wire colors for the door speakers- on driver side they are purple and grey with wht stripe.. just trying to figure out which is positive. I apologize in advance if someone asked this recently. Searched the forum and wasn't able to find anything current-- maybe that say more about my searching skills than anything else.. .

Last edited:

hein

Van Guru
Take the OEM speaker and touch a 1.5 volt battery across the terminals. If the cone moves outward when you make contact then the + side of the battery will be the positive speaker terminal. Trace that back to the wire connected to it. Please share your results and tell us which wire is which. And some tips to removing the tweeters would also be helpful.

We are now producing speaker adapters for the VS30 door speakers. Our adapters use the OEM screws to attach to the door panel and then your replacement speakers attach to the backside of our adapter. There is limited depth so choose a speaker with a shallow (2" or less) depth. The front face of the speaker should be flat so it will mate to our adapter. The ID of our adapter should be sized to the inside diameter of the mounting flange. This is usually fairly close to the cutout diameter of the speaker. See photo of how to measure speaker to determine which ID is needed.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098

Below: Measuring speaker to detemine ID of adapter required.
This speaker would require 5 5/16" ID adapter.

Last edited:

Redstone

Ok here's what I found so far.... Hein I tried your suggestion with the 9 volt battery with the stock speaker both side move the cone..... it was worth a try....
The drivers side door is green and white/grey strip passenger magenta and white with grey stripe, so I'm going with solid colors are the positive. Regarding the tweeters, discovered it is way easier than originally thought... no need to unscrew anything (especially the pesky screw near the windshield) or take A-pillar apart (which is what I did for the first attempt... ). I was able to lift one edge with needle nose pliers from the top and pull it out of holder. I feed the tweeter wires up from underneath, where I mounted the crossover versus putting it in the door.
Hope this helps

hein

Van Guru
The cone will move regardless of battery polarity. It will move outward then the battery positve is on the positive speaker terminal. Positive wire is connected to that terminal. Key is watching which way cone moves when touching battery leads to speaker terminals.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098

Last edited:

Top Bottom