Espar Eberspacher D2 heater sale

F2ca170

I posted a coupon code for Heaters4you back in the beginning of 2019 that was good for all year. Should be able to find it on here somewhere. Code should be still good for more off.

It was "Respect2DavidR" for another $20 off (if I remember correctly..... look for the thread for confirmation).

EDIT:
Here's the original posting of the coupon code.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72862

Last edited:

colddude

Update:

Ordered S2 D2L on Saturday from Melloronline UK, it arrived Thursday...all items look fine, packaging could be better as there were some loose items inside shipping box but no damage. The controller looks new but the smaller box it ships in was already opened with seals broken...hope all works after the install.

nuhu

@colddude The Melloronline UK product page says that ducting may need to be ordered separately, but I thought the Espar S2 D2L contains 60 mm duct and vent opening. Did your package contain all of the parts that were shown in the photo, such as the ducting and vents?

colddude

@nunu Yes it does come with the black duct, exhaust pipe, vent bits, etc...seems all there for me. I didn't even see the text you referred to, perhaps for some folks they may need a longer duct which may need to be ordered separately...

BTW I forgot to add...there was a $24 import duty, notified after it’s arrived in US and collected by UPS via email notice and I paid online...think it is still good price after that.

Last edited:

mikecol

Thanks for the info colddude !! I ordered on Nov 4 from Melloronline and received today Nov 7. All pieces look great/new; packed fine. My full kit (with Easy Start Pro) ended up $918 + $28 for Foreign Trans Fee from my bank card. No import duty seen yet; will keep a look out.

Great deal for a S2 D2L kit. Thanks again colddude.

Got the heater up and running in two days. All the parts I needed were included; plenty of spare fasteners. Mounted under swiveling passenger seat.

This time, I utilized a few short-cuts to save time and eliminate hassles:

Unsure who's great idea this was (THANKS!).....I replaced the mini fuse block from the kit with a Blue Sea 5045 small fuse block. The very short main 12AWG feeder from F150 terminal block under driver seat, back-feeds the bus via a 25A fuse. Main power to D2 harness is fused with 20A and control wire to D2 harness is fused with 5A (fused per the Espar diagram).

Fuse block was fastened to the inside of seat pedestal with 3M tape. This fuse block is now is more easily accessible through the removable plastic service panel on the right side of passenger seat pedestal.

The Easy Start Select controller/thermostat uses only three specific wires (red, blue/white, brown) which were joined with aftermarket crimp connectors. The brown/white and red/white are crimped together. The larger white Ancor duplex cable is not related to the Espar.

how did you hook up to the F150?

dynaco1

There is a spare threaded terminal post inside F150. Crimped a ring lug onto 12awg. Fused it outside F150.

Last edited:
How high of an elevation is the new internal elevation adjustment on the S2 D2L specified for ?

FOUND IT: Altitude adjustment will be automatically handled by the Eberspacher Airtronic 2 up to 3000m above sea level; no additional altitude kit is required, the AS2 has an integrated altitude sensor.

3000 meters = 9,843 feet

Last edited:

burnsmz

Can anyone comment on actual altitude performance of the new s2? I’m living in denver and will be frequenting the mountains. Unsure if I need to go the older model with the aftermarket altitude kit?

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
No reason to get the older model. The new model integrates the exact same functionality without the extra cost or wiring. Also, the new model is quieter, uses less power, and has a much longer life brushless motor.

nuhu

I also ordered from Mellor Online UK. I placed order on a Sunday and received it on Thursday. I ordered the D2L with Easy Start Pro Controller. My Easy Start Pro Controller box still had the unbroken factory seal / tape. Everything arrived in great shape. I purchased the floor plate but I found I did not need it for installation under the passenger seat. If anyone needs the plate, send me a message.

I installed the D2L with Easy Start Pro Controller just before a trip during Thanksgiving week. I used it in Bryce Canyon North Campground (8000 feet) and at Copper Mountain Resort (9,712 feet / 2,946 meters). At Copper Mountain, the instrument cluster displayed 6 F when I started the heater. I noticed the exhaust smelled a bit rich while it was firing up. I forgot to pay attention after it was running for a little bit. Most times I've just turned on the heater at night or early morning when I'm inside of the van, and I haven't paid attention to whether the exhaust always smells a little bit on warm-up or normal operation. I can say that it produces plenty of heat.

Last edited:

Top Bottom