TSD Logistics Diesel Fuel Program

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Disclaimer: I do not have any personal or financial stake in this company, nor am i receiving any benefits for this post.

If you ever wondered how trucking companies make money paying the posted fuel prices, the answer is that they don't. Most large companies negotiate a lower price directly with Flying J Loves and Pilot.

A trucking company, TSD Logistics, has decided to open their program to folks outside of their company, for a very small fee - 10% of your cost saving.

I think it was designed for the big diesel consumers - i.e. big diesel pusher RVs and the like, but they don't limit the program to them.

The details are here https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

I have been using the program for a few months with 1 minor start up glitch, but I think you will find glowing reviews elsewhere if you look for them. They even have a "refer a friend program"

There are some aspects that some people are leery of - 1) you have to provide TSD your SSAN, but since they are issuing you the equivalent of a credit card this makes sense to me. 2) you have to provide a bank account from them to draw from - some folks open a separate account to limit what funds are accessible. Note that TSD says they can pull from checking or savings account - my read of federal banking regs limits draws from savings account to 6 per month and your bank may pile fees on if you exceed them.

Savings for me have ranged from 40 cents per gallon to 60 cents per gallon of diesel. Again, the TSD fee is 10% of your savings. They have an app that works very well to find which truck stops are on the program and it looks to me that every Loves, TA, Flying J, and Pilot are on board. When I first started Flying J and Pilot were not offering much of a discount, but that has changed in the last month, they offer just a little less a discount than Loves and TA. They have very good documentation - invoices by email for every transaction and also a monthly wrapup.

This program may not be a large benefit for those that use their Sprinters in and around town, but may be helpful to expediters and other long range travelers.

Again - I receive no benefit from this post.

Last edited:

aviatordoc

Not knocking what you said, but I just go to Sam's club for diesel. When its 2.80 outside, I fill up for 2.52.

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Understand the Sam's Club idea - good for around town, but may not work so well on the road. Find attached a 9.5 page PDF of just the Love's truck stops and the prices/discounts for 6 Dec. There are similar PDFs for FJ, TA, etc. They are published on a password protected site every day. However, I find the info on the app very close and much easier to use.

Biggest discount I saw in a short scan was around .90 per gal in WA state. I have not personally gotten this size of discount, as I did not have the TSD card last time I was in WA state.

BTW, using the card at any of the big truck stop chains is a no brainer - pull up with the big boys, swipe the card, make a few selections on the key pad and pump turns on. No walking inside to provide a credit card and back again to get a receipt.

Attachments

Last edited:

rollerbearing

Thanks Mike! I knew these programs existed - just didn't know that an individual RVer could tap into one. I'll make good use of this on our long trips! 2015 Navion 24V

Top Bottom