New kid in town

janiner

Hi all,

I've recently "inherited" a Westy. My ex kept it in the divorce, but he isn't using it anymore and has handed it over to me. Time to start having some adventures, right!?

I am fairly handy with tools, but nothing like he is. I know it needs some work, and there are probably lots of tips and tricks I need to catch up on. So don't be surprised to see me posting around here (and on the Yahoo group, which I've also applied to join) quite a bit for a while.

If anyone lives in the Portland, Oregon area and can share the good, bad and ugly about the local repair shops, please do. I have been around RVs since I was a child and if there's anything I've learned it is that way too big a slice of the industry seems to exist solely to separate people from their money, not to deliver any sort of decent service. Good guys do exist but they have always been few and far between. So please, dish away!

For those who know him from the Yahoo group, the ex is Mike Sisk. He has already posted over there about passing on the van; we figured we should let as many people know as possible since he gets stopped by people who know who he is from his posts.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

janine

I live on the dryside, but have used the services of Upscale Automotive. I like the folks at Upscale, not cheap, but very knowlagable about the Sprinter. They keep the VINs on both my Sprinters and that makes getting parts much easier.

Top Bottom