Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 11-12-2019, 02:19 AM   #21
lindenengineering

Thanked 10,590 Times in 5,376 Posts
Default Re: Are recipes required for soups and casseroles?

Well talk about living dangerously BBQ Ribs !!!
One thing I have learned over the years--- DON'T criticize a females' cooking skills!
Dennis
lindenengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:24 AM   #22
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 14,108 Times in 8,971 Posts

Not everything that I mix together is always great, but *most* of the stuff is edible, if not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Ribs View Post
if I tell her it was great, she is just gonna cook it again.

Trust me. My wife and extended family members are not afraid to tell me if one of my thrown together concoctions is not good. For just the reason that you mention. They want to avoid being subjected to that particular experiment a second time.

My elbow macaroni salad is generally well received. It is always very basic consisting of elbow macaroni, finely chopped onion, celery, carrots, some mayo, some sour cream, a squirt of mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, and some herbs.

I LOVE onion, and garlic for that matter (no garlic is included in my macaroni salad). I was informed by some that my macaroni salad had a bit too much onion. Based upon those comments I have changed to a milder onion variety and reduced the quantity that I use.

I thought that adding chopped carrots to my egg salad as a great addition. I like crunch. Nope. Others didn't agree so I stopped including it.

I'm not offended when people comment. I try to adjust.

That said, some things stay the same. I most always include a bit of hot sauce or jalapeno pepper into my recipes. Doesn't everyone appreciate a little heat? It wakes up the taste buds.

vic
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aqua Puttana For This Useful Post:
BBQ Ribs (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #23
lindenengineering

Thanked 10,590 Times in 5,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post
Not everything that I mix together is always great, but *most* of the stuff is edible, if not good.

Trust me. My wife and extended family members are not afraid to tell me if one of my thrown together concoctions is not good. For just the reason that you mention. They want to avoid being subjected to that particular experiment a second time.

My elbow macaroni salad is generally well received. It is always very basic consisting of elbow macaroni, finely chopped onion, celery, carrots, some mayo, some sour cream, a squirt of mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, and some herbs.

I LOVE onion, and garlic for that matter (no garlic is included in my macaroni salad). I was informed by some that my macaroni salad had a bit too much onion. Based upon those comments I have changed to a milder onion variety and reduced the quantity that I use.

I thought that adding chopped carrots to my egg salad as a great addition. I like crunch. Nope. Others didn't agree so I stopped including it.

I'm not offended when people comment. I try to adjust.

That said, some things stay the same. I most always include a bit of hot sauce or jalapeno pepper into my recipes. Doesn't everyone appreciate a little heat? It wakes up the taste buds.

vic

Vic
Try some harissa sauce or powder for that authentic Moroccan flavor, hot, spicy but a "different spicy" , a unique Arab favor. .
Then maybe try doing a tangine meal. Using the traditional Moorish style since you seem to have a propensity for one pot meals.
Pot au Feu as they say in France.
I often make a tangine chicken using game hens , always a hit
Dennis
lindenengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lindenengineering For This Useful Post:
Aqua Puttana (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #24
Bobnoxious

Thanked 5,416 Times in 3,895 Posts

I make simple tomato soup.
Bobnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote