Process to remove propane regulator 2017 MB

Mackcs

2018 LTV MB
My apologies. I know there are a # of posts about the regulator. I hv the spare Marshall to replace my original. Can’t seem to find directions to do so on the site. Camping in the high altitude mountains of nev/Cali and continue to get a whiff of propane on the frig side outside. Can’t think what else would cause it. If you have the site help from links that hv given directions please refer them my way. I have some tools w me but maybe not enough. Thank you

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
You can do it if you have some Mac Giver in you. My advice to those following you...change it at home before it fails and keep your factory regulator as a spare. Regulator is likely factory set to meet your LP pressure needs. Basic tools should get you by. Check your work with soapy water.

Last edited:

WayneinPD

Mine failed last year, fast drop in % fill. Mobile repair guy diagnosed, had to come back with replacement. At least 100F, parked on sharp gravel. Payed his $300 bill with thanks.

Mackcs

2018 LTV MB
What in the heck is LTV doing. First the pos Fairview propane regulator that fails over and over and is all over the internet about what a piece of crap it is.
And the the installation it does makes it nearly impossible to remove and replace. Disappointed to say the least. Come on EEE clearly in this category you can do better.

jclay

2017 LTV Unity MB
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65409

See Post #23

I successfully replaced my propane regulator on my 2017 MB in the field ( in a parking lot) in about 30 minutes with a square tipped screwdriver to remove plastic cover. I then used a couple crescent wrenches, a pair of channel locks, some Teflon tape and a couple of small bungee cords. It got me thru my weekend trip until I could get back home and complete the job.

Last edited:

Top Bottom