Warning Light guide?

rossco

I have a red light that comes on, only when my 05 is cold and i am accelerating. It goes away once it is warm or not accelerating. It is a red light that looks like a muffler with water in it?

Is there a guide somewhere to what this symbol means? Any idea of cause?

05 sprinter with 199,000 miles.

I have a red light that comes on, only when my 05 is cold and i am accelerating. It goes away once it is warm or not accelerating. It is a red light that looks like a muffler with water in it?

Is there a guide somewhere to what this symbol means? Any idea of cause?

05 sprinter with 199,000 miles.
The symbols are all listed in the operator manual. Links to the operator manual are in the Database Section of this forum. https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26431

The cold operating symptom and description suggests that it might be your Coolant Level. It is possible that it could be oil level, but that is less likely. Check the coolant level cold. If your oil dipstick handle is red then check that with the engine hot using the procedure in the operator manual. (Basically it says to shut off the hot engine. Wait a minute or so, then check the oil level.) Do not overfill the engine oil. There is a high and a low level sensor.

vic

Last edited by a moderator:

Dasveed

2020 144 wb 2500 SHC
So my rig is doing th same thing. Light comes on and goes off. What was the issue and how did you correct it? Thanks

MikeP

Coolant level, several threads on it.
It is a very sensitive sensor! Ours never came on til after first radiator service.
Since then a few times mostly right after winter hinting at spring.
Most ever added has been less than cup, 8 oz or less.
From our request for assistance the kinds folks on board here gave info:
If get flashlight look into tank to see level line. Main thing is use correct fluid our 03 as most use HOAT type from board recommendations got Zerez G05. It seems, at least around here that NAPA keeps it in stock.
Also if you try only add water be sure use distilled water.
"Good Luck!"

Top Bottom