What did you do to your Sprinter today.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?

Attachments

Garandman

Awesome! Wanted to order a wheel wrap but wasn’t sure about fit.

Replaced the interior cargo lights with 800 Lumen (claimed) LED’s. 42mm Festoon style. Four for $8.

Last edited:

ranchworld

'06 158 2500 Passenger
Hey Brennwagon, what weather strip did you use? Has it made a difference in noise?

Thanks.

I also added weather stripping to the outside edges of the drivers door[/QUOTE]

BrennWagon

Hey Brennwagon, what weather strip did you use? Has it made a difference in noise?

Thanks.

I also added weather stripping to the outside edges of the drivers door
[/QUOTE]

I used Metro Sponge Supersoft brand 7/8”x3/4”x8’ bulb style weather strip. $19.99 at Autozone. To answer your other question, it helps immensely

BrennWagon

I finished the rough installation of a shelf above the sun visors. I’m planning on eventually mounting a small TV in the center so I’m going to build an enclosure to surround the dome light hole with a flat blank space for a 10” monitor. The shelf is made of scrap pegboard, a piece of aluminum storm window frame as the lip, covered in thin foam, wrapped in vinyl cloth, and painted to match the interior. I went with kinda flimsy materials so that in the case of an accident it will break before bones. I made brackets to utilize the sun visor mounting screws and angles for the sides.

Attachments

BrennWagon

Built a center console for my new shelf. The body is made from layers of cardboard laid perpendicularly and glued with spray adhesive. It’s makes a surprisingly strong but safe structure. Now all I need to do is lay some felt on the top of the actual shelf. I made it so that it could eventually hold a 12” flat screen TV. There’s a bit of a gap on the bottom that I need to fill, eventually. One of these days I’ll do a technical write up on upholstering home made add ons like this and building with cardboard, particle board, and foam

Attachments

Mickyfin

Today I fit my fresh water tank to the underside of my van. Quite straight forward. Next jobs are to carry out the body penetrations, just waiting for some decent weather as its blowing a gale out there today 50+mph winds.

Untitled by S STEEL, on Flickr

sassmatt72

2006 high top long, Fully converted by me
Today I fit my fresh water tank to the underside of my van. Quite straight forward. Next jobs are to carry out the body penetrations, just waiting for some decent weather as its blowing a gale out there today 50+mph winds.

Untitled by S STEEL, on Flickr
What tank is that, and where did you get it??? thx

Garandman

Thanks to BrennWagon fitted a perforated leather steering wheel cover. Great fit and color match, about 90 minutes to complete all the stitching. I really believe they help minimize carpal tunnel and other wrist problems ifyou drive a lot.

And finished with the NOICO / STPSNL1 by adding some to the roof section. Is this stuff worth adding underhood, and does it hold up to underhood temps?

mtncrawler

Looks amazing, but I dread to think, that if you needed to work on your sliding door track, would you need to remove the whole floor?
Thanks! It all readily comes out without removing the floor. The trim, the frame supporting the overhanging floor and cover all bolts in. I had the same concern when I put it together. The only thing that might be a pain are the bolts holding the step itself underneath the overhanging floor section.

Garandman

Took Sprinter to “Member Car Day” at Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, Ma.

Left to right: 60’s Camaro, 50’s Plymouth, 1954 Chevrolet Coupe, Ferrari, Porsche, Sprinter, GTI, Hellcat, 1998 Olds 88.

ravens1705

mounted new speakers to the front doors.made up some spacers out of a chopping board.installed sound deadener . some closed cell foam .I also sikaflexed the panels inside the doors .factory glue Was non existent .doors now shut with a thump ,not like a tin . speakers sound awesome

Attachments

Top Bottom