Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia

Old 12-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #21
Robert Foster

Default Re: Westfalia Parts FS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotratz View Post
Hello Robert,

Happy Holidays to you and everyone! Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

Did you by any chance keep the silver painted trim just below the slider rails of the upper bed? I am interested in those as well, if available. (see photo for clarification)

Thank you.
Yes, I do.

Nice thermostat location.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #22
Robert Foster

Additional Items

#46 Westy ignition sensing battery combiner (see pic below)

#47 silver painted trim (drivers side)
a. Hotratz

#48 silver painted trim (passenger side)
a. Hotratz

Note: I have some, but not all of the white plastic clips for the "silver painted trim" that I will divide and ship with the trim. These clips are sorta one use items, so some adhesive might be necessary with their reuse.

Last edited by Robert Foster; 12-26-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Robert Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Foster For This Useful Post:
OldWest (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #23
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

**Umbrella.

My Westy (from new) was missing the umbrella and the dealer had to track it down. Haven't opened it in years but I think it actually said "James Cook" on it and no "Airstream."

Thought it was adding "Grey Poupon" class to the Westy like Rolls-Royce in-door umbrellas.

**Bathroom Cabinet

Whoever buys the sink might want the bottom piece of the cabinet as it has the groove.

Rather than tossing, perhaps someone might pick it up. It'd be a shame to waste.

**Unwanted Cabinets and Laminate

Advertise on the VW websites. Folks there will buy anything Westfalia.

Pieces of the various cabinets might be used to fill in holes of other Westies??? If no one wants, even for free, would anyone want a piece (like you can buy pieces of wood in various sizes)? Even for samples to take when shopping for something?

For another Westy, someone had made cutouts for the replacement microwave legs. If they converted back, two tiny chunks would replace (as they were not the remodelling owner so had no replacements).

The air conditioning air.vents, generator control panel hole, other holes, etc. May not make perfect laminate matches but at least the same thickness?

Sad to see cabinets go to dump but space is a premium. Perhaps as last resort before dump, do free for pickup on Craigslist.
OldWest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldWest For This Useful Post:
Hotratz (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 06:21 PM   #24
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

New Upper Windows

Existing ones are too small to stick your head out to see around van. Also, the fear of the flying nun disappearing act.

Can't wait to see the new windows. Longer ones for light down through the rear (and visually lighten fiberglass top mass?)? Taller ones to fit head? Multiple ones like old 21 window VWs?

The mounting will be interesting--is fiberglass strong enough to use channel weatherstripping (like Sprinter glass) or clamp on style (+ screws?) like lower big awning window.

It'd be nice to have cameras so you could see around van while in the upper bunk.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:41 PM   #25
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

1. Water Heater

The seal around the Suburban water heater conforms to the indentation in the Sprinter body. Have not seen any other RV company do the installation with such attention to detail (usually gaps) so am guessing a Westfalia custom piece.

That piece, if still in good shape, might be a worthwhile purchase for someone if their original has cracked--even if don't want water heater.

**Awning Brackets

Westfalia custom part not available from Fiamma. James Cook Forum has one or more folks who make, with option for extensions to carry stuff as well as awning.

Could add an awning to driver side but more weight high up.

Don't know if Robert is selling.

**Floors

Don't know if Riptide got an answer re bench seat and floor rails.

Someone on the James Cook Forum has a leak in their fresh water tank which destroyed their floor. Quite a bit of effort to reconstruct a new wood floor.

Last edited by OldWest; 12-26-2019 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Add
Old 12-26-2019, 07:14 PM   #26
Hotratz

Default Westfalia Parts FS

Yep, Iím one of those with the microwave cutout. Iíd love a piece of laminated cabinet material to fix! Also, though I did purchase some gray plastic cabinet trim from Gowesty it doesnít match perfectly.

Last edited by Hotratz; 12-26-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Hotratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #27
Robert Foster

I am happy to help facilitate repairs or reproduction as long as you guys are patient and/or make it easy with/for me.

As an example, several weeks ago as soon as my demo became known, one forum member sent me a self addressed envelope with a check for $25 for two pieces of the flooring to repair the black tank holes in his rear storage area. Happy to provide those and the three plastic clips he subsequently requested while he patiently waited for me to cut the flooring pieces.

Sadly, I wanted to get an empty weight for my van, which is most easily done at the transfer station, so I took the majority of the demo debris to the dump. I did retain a few pieces of most of the interior materials though. Additionally, it's looking like the lack of interest in the cabinets as whole components suggests that I should part them out, which will supply another source of unblemished interior materials.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #28
Robert Foster

To answer a few generic questions that are in my PM inbox.

1. The tupperware and/or baskets in the fridge/cool box are not available as separate items they are going with the fridge.

2. I am not Jeff Bezos and this is not Amazon Prime, so I will not provide free shipping and handling.

In hindsight, I should have waited until winter was actually in full swing to start this for sale process. It's been in the 50's & 60s here in Central Virginia, which is ideal for me to be outside working on the van rather than inside doing stuff like this. I appreciate your patience.

Here are some pictures of items so far requested to confirm that I haven't miscommunicated something and somebody opens a package to find that my English skills are poor.

item numbers in same order as pictures

Old 12-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #29
Wasaabi
Sprinter Westfalia #133

Regarding bathroom sink #14, while I need only the sink (to replace a chemical damaged sink in my Westy), I would be willing to take the whole cabinet if it’s easier for you than taking it to the dump. Like you, I was thinking that someone else might want the cabinet part, which I have no use for. Either way is okay, although it would be perfect if someone out there needs the cabinet (speak out!).
Wasaabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:28 AM   #30
Riptide

The trial period on the computer sounds reasonable.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote