gliderite air suspension vs VB air suspension

rayw9

Hi all.

we are going to bite the bullet and shell out some money for one of these air suspensions kits.

These seem to be the only 2 makers.

The Gliderite has a 4 bag system the VB has a 2 bag system.

Anyone installed either of these?

Also does anyone know of a place in florida or close to it that sells and or install them?

Seems like the only place is on the west coast and i rather not take that drive

calbiker

What's the reason for the mod? Perhaps there's a cheaper work-around.

Edit, just viewed your previous thread. I would try two mods before going to air suspension.

1. The bouncy ride is due to inadequate shock absorbers. Install the modified Fox shocks sold by Agile OffRoad for $260/pair. They have shocks modified for the 2500. The slow speed rocking will stop. You would have to upgrade the shocks anyways with the air suspension. Why not already get the best.

2. Reduce air pressure.

Last edited:

Eric Experience

Ravw9
Before wasting large sums making your ride worse, just lower your tyre pressure until you get the ride you want. you can go as low as 25psi all round as a starting point, then come up 2psi at a time until you find the sweet spot. Eric.

SprinterMechanic

The T1N Parts Barn
Well you know the saying, more is better. But we all know that is not the case.
But 4 bags distribute the weight more evenly. I also know that Ambulances in Europe tend to be Sprinters, and they chose Gliderite to put in them.
They need to put a needle in a patients arm while driving down the road.
That means its got to be smooth.

Both are great and have their advantages.

SprinterStore.com has them.

Hi all.

we are going to bite the bullet and shell out some money for one of these air suspensions kits.

These seem to be the only 2 makers.

The Gliderite has a 4 bag system the VB has a 2 bag system.

Anyone installed either of these?

Also does anyone know of a place in florida or close to it that sells and or install them?

Seems like the only place is on the west coast and i rather not take that drive

Top Bottom