NCV3 Bench Seat In A VS30

fourbeer

I realize the brackets and seats are different between the two models, but is there any reason I couldn't install the NVC3 brackets in my 2019 Cargo and install an NCV3 seat?

Thanks.

cacaw

Probably depends on how firmly you want those brackets attached to the floor.

Doing it to factory standards is evidently a huge job.

fourbeer

Yeah. Trying to sort that out. Lots of conflicting info on this subject.

I just ran across a thread today that pointed out the option I could have ordered on my van that would have allowed the bench seat to be more easily added. The salesman apparently wasn’t aware of it when we did the configuration.

Last edited:

marcwestbmw

If you're speaking of the, rear seat mounting brackets, that was/is a fleet only option.

I have tried on several occasions to order vans with it.

I installed the bench from a 2017 in my 2019 cargo van. the left side lines up with the factory frame rails and the middle comes through just above the drive shaft. The front left corner was a little tight and you have to be super careful to not drill through the gas tank, its a tight fit. I used a steel bar about 1" thick to spread the load out over a wide area. I only used a modified two person bench seat so I don't know exactly where the right mount would come through but that side of the truck has more access and it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal.

I just purchased a 2019 4x4 VS30 Cargo which should be arriving in a week or so. I need a bench seat for my kids in the rear. I was able to find a new 2018 3 person bench with factory rails.

I have a few questions hopefully you guys can help me with:

- Is this a project I could do on my own?
- I'd like to install at the 1.5 position. How does one tell where that actually is?
- Will I have problems insuring the van if I install a factory seat myself? I'm in Washington State if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ramonvandijk

I installed the bench from a 2017 in my 2019 cargo van. the left side lines up with the factory frame rails and the middle comes through just above the drive shaft. The front left corner was a little tight and you have to be super careful to not drill through the gas tank, its a tight fit. I used a steel bar about 1" thick to spread the load out over a wide area. I only used a modified two person bench seat so I don't know exactly where the right mount would come through but that side of the truck has more access and it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal.
Hi Chris, Can you give any more insight into whether the distance between the three supports on the 3-person bench from 2017 and the slots in the 2019 model line up? I couldn't quite figure out what you meant in your post above. I am looking for a bench in my 2021 model for my 3 kids and want to understand if older benches would be compatible with the designated locations of the seat bases in the newer models. Any help you (or others!) can give, much appreciated! Also, in case you happen to know if the old tracks are compatible with newer benches and vice-versa would be great to know!

Dr. Tequila

907-651-2500C, Mahalo Valhalla
Hi Chris, Can you give any more insight into whether the distance between the three supports on the 3-person bench from 2017 and the slots in the 2019 model line up? I couldn't quite figure out what you meant in your post above. I am looking for a bench in my 2021 model for my 3 kids and want to understand if older benches would be compatible with the designated locations of the seat bases in the newer models. Any help you (or others!) can give, much appreciated! Also, in case you happen to know if the old tracks are compatible with newer benches and vice-versa would be great to know!
The tracks are specific to the seat's generation and are not interchangeable. The floor in the vans are identical between Vs30's and the previous generation, so either tracking system can be used, but unfortunately I cannot say as to whether the different tracks have the same bolt hole dimensions...if you're trying to utilize the hideaway nuts of the crew/pass configurations?

Mine is a 2021 cargo in which we installed a 2018 3 person seat. Just haven't gotten around to reinstalling the wood floor yet;)

Attachments

ramonvandijk

The tracks are specific to the seat's generation and are not interchangeable. The floor in the vans are identical between Vs30's and the previous generation, so either tracking system can be used, but unfortunately I cannot say as to whether the different tracks have the same bolt hole dimensions...if you're trying to utilize the hideaway nuts of the crew/pass configurations?

Mine is a 2021 cargo in which we installed a 2018 3 person seat. Just haven't gotten around to reinstalling the wood floor yet;)
Thanks! Thats helpful. I just got a 2014 bench with tracks but wood floor is still in my vehicle, so good to have reassurance on the floor dimensions! I also have a cargo van.

You call install it. I’ve done it the other way around installing vs30 to my moms NCV30. All the bolts works
How hard was this? Id love to update to reclining benches from the vs30 in my ncv3. I have a passenger so I already have factory rails. Wasn’t sure if it was just adding one more hole as I know the vs30 rails have 3 holes compared to the ncv3

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I realize the brackets and seats are different between the two models, but is there any reason I couldn't install the NVC3 brackets in my 2019 Cargo and install an NCV3 seat?

Thanks.
I did it, simple as removing the VS30 brackets and bolting in the NCV3 brackets.
Eazy peazy, about 20 minutes.
You will likely want to cut some filler pieces for the vacant track area due the difference in length.
VS30 tracks are significantly longer. My seat is sturdy as can be. No different feel than the original. I swapped because I scored a smokin’ deal on a 2 seat that is 40” wide, perfect for my german shepherd’s throne, and it gives room to squeeze by with ease.

Onhiatus

2018 Passenger 144 RWD
How hard was this? Id love to update to reclining benches from the vs30 in my ncv3. I have a passenger so I already have factory rails. Wasn’t sure if it was just adding one more hole as I know the vs30 rails have 3 holes compared to the ncv3
I know this is ancient history, but did you ever do this? Any challenges?

Top Bottom