EV2, 2019 4x4

Wyuna

good luck and congrats with the new shop and moving back home.

it looks like an awesome workshop, and that extra set of hands will be helpful

sweet rig and appreciate the pics.

I just got my 2019 170 4x4. I plan on using a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 as well (just got one on sale at REI). I have a few questions. I have a factory aux battery. I do not see the aux battery bus under the driver seat. Do you have any pictures of that? I am going to wire the yeti 1400 to the Goal Zero Link module to charge it via the EC8 cable https://www.goalzero.com/shop/cords-adapters/female-ec8-ring-terminal/

I am also installing the adventure wagon kit. I figure my total amps worst case with Dometic CFX75, 2 fans and espar D2 is ~20 Amps.
I planned on wiring from Goal Zero to Adventure wagon fuse box with the 12V MAX CURRENT CABLE by Goal Zero
https://www.goalzero.com/shop/cords-adapters/12v-max-current-cable/12v-max-current-cable/
and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077TT7SWZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Anderson to terminal rings.

SO.....Alternator charges AGM batteries > AGM Batteries charge Yeti via link (isolator) > Yeti powers everything
do you see any issues with this plan?

I will never be staying anywhere longer than 2 days without starting the engine so I figure I would try to skip solar for now and add that based on usage of the yeti.

downunder

Well done and good luck with it all Grant.
Like everything that you put up by the way.
Hey, ARB kicked off solely in a garage a long time ago.....

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
sweet rig and appreciate the pics.

I just got my 2019 170 4x4. I plan on using a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 as well (just got one on sale at REI). I have a few questions. I have a factory aux battery. I do not see the aux battery bus under the driver seat. Do you have any pictures of that? I am going to wire the yeti 1400 to the Goal Zero Link module to charge it via the EC8 cable https://www.goalzero.com/shop/cords-adapters/female-ec8-ring-terminal/

I am also installing the adventure wagon kit. I figure my total amps worst case with Dometic CFX75, 2 fans and espar D2 is ~20 Amps.
I planned on wiring from Goal Zero to Adventure wagon fuse box with the 12V MAX CURRENT CABLE by Goal Zero
https://www.goalzero.com/shop/cords-adapters/12v-max-current-cable/12v-max-current-cable/
and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077TT7SWZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Anderson to terminal rings.

SO.....Alternator charges AGM batteries > AGM Batteries charge Yeti via link (isolator) > Yeti powers everything
do you see any issues with this plan?

I will never be staying anywhere longer than 2 days without starting the engine so I figure I would try to skip solar for now and add that based on usage of the yeti.
thats how i do it.
I find a yeti tank is a good addition as well for most people. or just go with the 3000 right away.

I just use the max current cable to the blue sea fuse box and go

thats how i do it.
I find a yeti tank is a good addition as well for most people. or just go with the 3000 right away.

I just use the max current cable to the blue sea fuse box and go

KICK ASS. Thank you for the response!

I was 80% sold on the 3000 but REI only had the 1400 on sale (20% off) so I had to try it. If the fridge won't last days in it then I will return/sell/swap.

SO the connection under driver seat is pretty straight forward? I will yank my seats soon. D2 heater just arrived today too!

InspiredVan

We do it on our AdvWagon installs. No problem other than sometimes you need to loosen the drivers seat base to run the extra bundle of wires into the seat base. And yes, torque the base back down after you've run the bundle thru....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

GSWatson

2013 144
I think he’s asking about not going through the regular channel between the seats on the floor, but up and over the headliner. Which I don’t see why one would choose. That’s probably 15 to 20 feet of wire, and the corresponding voltage drop, plus expense and hassle.

Cheers,
Greg

InspiredVan

actually it is about the same distance from where the adwag wire harness branches off in the ceiling. its routed along the front rib directly behind the rear edge of the headliner and down the drivers side b-pillar. its easier/quicker than ripping up the entire floor assembly to access the very crowded wire chase. can you run it the other way? sure. there's plenty of ways to skin a cat.... personally I'm a fan of K.I.S
S.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
KICK ASS. Thank you for the response!

I was 80% sold on the 3000 but REI only had the 1400 on sale (20% off) so I had to try it. If the fridge won't last days in it then I will return/sell/swap.

SO the connection under driver seat is pretty straight forward? I will yank my seats soon. D2 heater just arrived today too!
Yeah, it is. pretty forward

Hey Grant, Have you ever ran the adventure wagon electrical harness from the passenger to the driver side OVER the headliner? Thoughts?
I havent, but i dont see why not. The lengths are about the same. you may have to extend a few wires?

We do it on our AdvWagon installs. No problem other than sometimes you need to loosen the drivers seat base to run the extra bundle of wires into the seat base. And yes, torque the base back down after you've run the bundle thru....

Ive never had to loosen a seat base to run the bundle. weird

I think he’s asking about not going through the regular channel between the seats on the floor, but up and over the headliner. Which I don’t see why one would choose. That’s probably 15 to 20 feet of wire, and the corresponding voltage drop, plus expense and hassle.

Cheers,
Greg
This is how ADV WAgon specs to do it nowadays anyways. We run all of ours over the headliner from passenger to driver

actually it is about the same distance from where the adwag wire harness branches off in the ceiling. its routed along the front rib directly behind the rear edge of the headliner and down the drivers side b-pillar. its easier/quicker than ripping up the entire floor assembly to access the very crowded wire chase. can you run it the other way? sure. there's plenty of ways to skin a cat.... personally I'm a fan of K.I.S
S.

yup, this is how i do it.

drodio

"Avalanche" • 2022 170" Ext Cargo 4x4
@GSWatson where'd you get the orange roof braces for the L track from? Is that part of the adv wagon kit? Possible to buy those separately?

_Zach

•͡˘㇁•͡˘
@grantwilson - I’m in the SE also. Do you do anything to prevent thermal bridging with the bracers or L track in the AdWag kits? I’ve seen people use things like fiberglass strips or FR4 phenolic under L track, but I’m not sure if that’s compatible with the AdWag panels. Any thoughts?

VanGoSki

@grantwilson - I’m in the SE also. Do you do anything to prevent thermal bridging with the bracers or L track in the AdWag kits? I’ve seen people use things like fiberglass strips or FR4 phenolic under L track, but I’m not sure if that’s compatible with the AdWag panels. Any thoughts?
I'm nearing the end of an AdWag RUV install and can say for sure that there's no thermal isolation of the L track or the steel structure. Some of the steel like the ceiling braces are long and connected just at key places. So the thermal path is longer than just say bolting L track to the van wall supports. Seems like that should help. But those kinds of calculations are above my pay grade. LOL.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
i dont view it as an actual thing honestly

hdaniels

Hi Grant,
How do you plan on lining the interior of the flares? I bought the interior kit from Flarespace, 1/4 closed cell foam. I was able to line one of the Flares that has a Arctic Tern Window. The foam is bubbled in a few spots and I have not put fabric on it yet. I already have doubts about the durability of the foam and I think it will fail in time. I have not installed my Flares yet. Trying to get them lined before I install them because it will be a lot harder after the install. Flarespaces interior kit does not seem to be a good solution for sound deadening and insulating the Flares. I have not been able to find any other discussions regarding this issue. I know from your videos, you have someone else line your Flares. It would be great to see a video of it being done. Any advice would be great? Thank you!

mschoen

Trim rings came in for the Flarespace flares.
Took the old walls, and made a new template combining them, and with the trim ring, so now I can have some templates made with my CNC guy to have them around. I have three sets of vans to install currently so it works out well.

Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

Need to wrap everything with fabric and get it installed!
Would you be willing to share the CAD files for the trim rings? I’m just starting this and have access to a CNC router and Laser cutter.
Thanks!

redgrom

Hi Grant,
How do you plan on lining the interior of the flares? I bought the interior kit from Flarespace, 1/4 closed cell foam. I was able to line one of the Flares that has a Arctic Tern Window. The foam is bubbled in a few spots and I have not put fabric on it yet. I already have doubts about the durability of the foam and I think it will fail in time. I have not installed my Flares yet. Trying to get them lined before I install them because it will be a lot harder after the install. Flarespaces interior kit does not seem to be a good solution for sound deadening and insulating the Flares. I have not been able to find any other discussions regarding this issue. I know from your videos, you have someone else line your Flares. It would be great to see a video of it being done. Any advice would be great? Thank you!
Any updates on this? Looking to insulate my flares in the next few weeks.
Thanks!

Top Bottom