Sprinter Rendezvous in Alaska...

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Aloha from Anchorage !!
I also posted in the Regional section....
Anyone interested in a get together ? A weekend in late June..
Thinking about Cooper Lakes on the Kenai or somewhere along the Old Denali Highway...

I would definitely be up for it if I am around, like most folks in AK my summer schedule is all over the place but I will be around on the weekend of June 22nd. Lots of good things along the Seward Highway and Sterling Highway.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Thats why I thought earlier vs later... once the Reds start running people get busy...
Cooper Lake off of Snug Harbor is nice, close but easy drive and an away from everything boondocking setting on the lake (not buggy either)
The Old Denali is also nice, Petersville is another option...
Some place relatively central, easy access and not typical tourist RV locations....

Good idea on doing something before the fish are in, everything gets busy after that.

Do you want to avoid established campgrounds? I like them for weekend trips if I can plan early enough in advance and reserve a spot, take the guesswork out of it. But I realize they are not for everyone. I like Trail River CG and Primrose CG on the lake.

Cooper Lake is also nice if the road is not total crap, depends on how bad the winter was up there.

The Denali Highway is probably too far for me to go due to time constraints, but I could be convinced to head up to Hatcher Pass, love that area but don't know any real good spots other than the camping along the road to the pass.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
There's a big, open area next to Peters Creek at the bridge, Forks Roadhouse is a 250 yrd walk away... mi 20 of the Petersville Rd... also fishing and miles of ATV trails and great views of Denali if it's out.... won't be any RV crowd there yet very easy access for any type of vehicle...

Top Bottom