Full wrap b pillar

Mashley

Hi.

Would anyone know the part number for the full wrap b pillar covers you find in crew vans? Mines a cargo van that I am converting to a motorhome and with the. Ulkhead our the half wrap b pillars leave a lot of metal exposed. They are a bloody nightmare to find here in the uk.

Thanks

Mark

sparkplug

I never thought to look for those, but you're right they would be a really neat finish.

I just cut some 9mm ply to shape. Took a bit of messing around with templates to get it looking right

Then I covered them in 4 way stretch carpeting which is a pretty close match to the headliner in the cab and which helps to soften any imperfections.

It also helps with mine that I decided to have a dividing curtain where the bulkhead would have been and the curtains also help to conceal the imperfections.

The grab rail is bolted through into a couple of rivnuts which I inserted into the B pillar and that's all that is needed to fix the trim panel on.

I know that isn't the answer to the question you asked, but may be an alternative solution if you can't find the trim panels you want.

sailquik

Mashley,
If you can find a crew van that has the wider "B" pillar covers, get the VIN # and take it to a MB Truck Center (like Midlands).
They will be able to pull up the part number for the plastic B pillar covers and they aren't all that expensive.
Only option would be to find a crew van at a breakers yard.
Hope this helps,
Roger

sparkplug

Problem is that they're virtually non-existent here in the UK.

I think that's why Mark was hoping for someone to be able to supply the part code.

Actually - it might be worth just asking a dealer as they might have something on their books.

Shawn182

These worked on my 2018 Cargo

A 906 692 04 00
A 906 692 05 00

I ran into a few vendors that refused to order them for me without supplying a valid VIN # even after explaining what I was doing and was willing to accept All Sales Final with no returns.

Think I found one of them though ebay.

Last edited:

Mashley

Thank you all for your help, apologies for not getting back sooner, work life etc! I'll take those codes and see if I can get something ordered, failing that, anyone ship to UK ???

Mashley

I never thought to look for those, but you're right they would be a really neat finish.

I just cut some 9mm ply to shape. Took a bit of messing around with templates to get it looking right

Then I covered them in 4 way stretch carpeting which is a pretty close match to the headliner in the cab and which helps to soften any imperfections.

It also helps with mine that I decided to have a dividing curtain where the bulkhead would have been and the curtains also help to conceal the imperfections.

The grab rail is bolted through into a couple of rivnuts which I inserted into the B pillar and that's all that is needed to fix the trim panel on.

I know that isn't the answer to the question you asked, but may be an alternative solution if you can't find the trim panels you want.
They look really good, not sure my carpentry skills are up to that but if all else fails I shall give that a go :)

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Thank you all for your help, apologies for not getting back sooner, work life etc! I'll take those codes and see if I can get something ordered, failing that, anyone ship to UK ???
Mashley,

Try dropping an email to Chris at Midlands Truck and Van in Birmingham, UK.

Details here...

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=82347

and ask if he can help with the parts you need..

Keith.

PS This is my local MB truck and van dealer and I always get good service from their parts dept.

pjaney

Mate this looks great I've delayed redoing the woof because I didn't want to give up the clean look from the mouldings. Looks really good that ply cut to shape like that. Could to that to marry the ply into the ceiling lining in the front also.

Mickyfin

Anyone know the part number for the wider sliding door weather seal, the wider one is needed when deleting the bulkhead, and fitting the correct B pillar trims? Theres a noticeable gap with the new B pillar trims.

Ive searched for the part number searching minibus in the search terms but drawing a blank. Can anyone assist please?

Anyone know the part number for the wider sliding door weather seal, the wider one is needed when deleting the bulkhead, and fitting the correct B pillar trims? Theres a noticeable gap with the new B pillar trims.

Ive searched for the part number searching minibus in the search terms but drawing a blank. Can anyone assist please?
Is this the seal mounted on the sliding door itself? If so, can you contact me with your VIN? I can find the part number that originally came on it and this should help differentiate the other possible numbers. I have a guess at which one it is, 9066975698, as that number has codes similar to the ones one the B-pillars.

Mickyfin

Is this the seal mounted on the sliding door itself? If so, can you contact me with your VIN? I can find the part number that originally came on it and this should help differentiate the other possible numbers. I have a guess at which one it is, 9066975698, as that number has codes similar to the ones one the B-pillars.
The seal that fits to the van, its wider to accommodate the non-bulkhead B pillar trim.

Any luck find those part numbers mate? I'm also in need of these after removing the bulkhead... What year van is you have?

Mashley

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, this I believe is the part you need A90669231007J69

Thats for the right hand side, put that code into ebay and it should come up, not cheap.....

My van is a LWB 2013, you can find more details about it on my blog that i've started updating again with work on the never ending project!

Thanks for getting back to me! That's looks like exactly what I'm after. Crazy money though like everything else is at the moment.

Thanks again and all the best on your build ??

Top Bottom