Damaged driver side B pillar

Snowydelrico

Oops! I turned sharply on to a metal bollard and squashed my door and pillar.
Would this make the van unsafe to drive?
It’s squashed in so much that the silicone seal between the panels have come apart.

I would be great full for any advice
Thanks

D

Deleted member 50714

Oops! I turned sharply on to a metal bollard and squashed my door and pillar.
Would this make the van unsafe to drive?
It’s squashed in so much that the silicone seal between the panels have come apart.

I would be great full for any advice
Thanks
Pictures would help.

lindenengineering

Easy enough job for collision repair shop.
Basically a new or used take off door and pull the pillar straight with the rack kits we use in collision shops.
Dennis
a bit too much for T cut,
D

Snowydelrico

Easy enough job for collision repair shop.
Basically a new or used take off door and pull the pillar straight with the rack kits we use in collision shops.
Dennis
a bit too much for T cut,
D
Haha was going to use a bit of scrim tape and plaster it.
Thanks Dennis
£75 for a door as I’ve seen on eBay

lindenengineering

Haha was going to use a bit of scrim tape and plaster it.
Thanks Dennis
£75 for a door as I’ve seen on eBay
Actually depending upon the extent of the damage & pillar crippling, I might do a cut and saw out a chunk of the pillar and replace it from a donor cut using a sawzall and a TIG welder.

If you are interested since you come from the same side of the pond as me, you will recognize these Leyland National buses.
This fleet of a 1000 units I re-habbed in Caracas.

See the unit with the light bronze front dome #901, all others were with black dome panel.
All these buses were brought back from wrecks in my plant. Number 901 was the first delivered to CA Metrobus de Caracas after the rehab program.
Paint is Dupont Imron 2 pack isocyanate paint.
Crew were three Brits and 135 Latinos.
If you can find a Colombian body guy in Manchester hire him! Colombians are the best tin bashers on the planet.
Cheers Dennis .

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...AgKEAE&biw=1920&bih=1057#imgrc=70PFFp_ALuSacM

Snowydelrico

Actually depending upon the extent of the damage & pillar crippling, I might do a cut and saw out a chunk of the pillar and replace it from a donor cut using a sawzall and a TIG welder.

If you are interested since you come from the same side of the pond as me, you will recognize these Leyland National buses.
This fleet of a 1000 units I re-habbed in Caracas.

See the unit with the light bronze front dome #901, all others were with black dome panel.
All these buses were brought back from wrecks in my plant. Number 901 was the first delivered to CA Metrobus de Caracas after the rehab program.
Paint is Dupont Imron 2 pack isocyanate paint.
Crew were three Brits and 135 Latinos.
If you can find a Colombian body guy in Manchester hire him! Colombians are the best tin bashers on the planet.
Cheers Dennis .

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...AgKEAE&biw=1920&bih=1057#imgrc=70PFFp_ALuSacM
Might be a few Colombian products over here but not sure about panel beaters.

The bus looks mint!
I was a bit concerned to weather the damaged area was integral to the structure. But with the way you are talking it’s not a lot to worry about.
Thanks again :thumbup:

Top Bottom