04 Freightliner, Van Compass lift, 123k, extras, insulated

mattlemoo

This is my truck and my CL ad. Truck is located in Boulder, CO. Feel free to ask any/all questions. Looking for $17250, negotiable but don't be a Neil (see below). Its a nice rig with a lot of time/money invested, you just have to take it the rest of the way.
Once I have buyer/deposit logos will be removed and it will get a full detail.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5991314992.html

Last edited:

Neil2

Neil2
Not sure how you rated this rig as "Excellent". What reference were you using?

And, three layers of bubble wrap does not make it "fully insulated". In fact, there really isn't any reason to use bubble wrap for insulation, at all. :wtf:

mattlemoo

Not sure how you rated this rig as "Excellent". What reference were you using?

And, three layers of bubble wrap does not make it "fully insulated". In fact, there really isn't any reason to use bubble wrap for insulation, at all. :wtf:
Thanks for your input...all the way from Portland. If you're interested in the van, ask a non-rhetorical question. My "reference" is from experience. If you want to debate the subjectiveness of what"excellent" and/or "fully insulated" mean to you then I suggest the personal column on craigslist and have a ball.
:bash:

Neil2

Neil2
Subjective to an extent but the fact is there are generally accepted terms for valuing auto conditions and I posit your term for this auto is misrepresentative, at best. :hmmm: Your's is a common practice online: Overstating the value and not being able to reference a standard and use the defined description as it relates to your auto. :professor: As for my location, that is of no import, especially for those in your area who aren't as 'experienced' in insulation materials as you. :thumbdown:

mattlemoo

Subjective to an extent but the fact is there are generally accepted terms for valuing auto conditions and I posit your term for this auto is misrepresentative, at best. :hmmm: Your's is a common practice online: Overstating the value and not being able to reference a standard and use the defined description as it relates to your auto. :professor: As for my location, that is of no import, especially for those in your area who aren't as 'experienced' in insulation materials as you. :thumbdown:
Look Neil, not trying to start a pissing match. I honestly can't tell if you're interested in the van or just wanna stir the pot. Either way, thanks for the bump. If interested, call me. Phone number is pretty prominent on the side of the truck. If not, well...we're done chatting.

I will concede, you're absolutely right regarding generally accepted terms for valuation, i.e. maintenance, overall condition, additive components, etc. Judging from the response I've gotten I don't believe I've overstated anything regarding condition and have laid out all that information, feel free to read it, and have supporting documentation available. I've even made a few modifications to the ad simply because you have a couple of semi-valid points. Regardless, I stand behind it 100% and this definitely is not my first rodeo. I realize I'm on the high end of the price range as well and am negotiable within reason but "book value" is definitely not representative of market value. I'm sure you can find one for 10k but its not this one. Its only worth what someone is willing to pay as they say.

You don't have to agree with it and you don't have to buy it. I can assure you that whoever does will be absolutely stoked when they stand in front of it and I'm happy to help make that happen in any way I can.

Neil2

Neil2
I am actively searching for a Sprinter or wouldn't have seen your advert. :hmmm: I'm surprised and favorably impressed with your response to my last. It's not often someone takes a well intentioned critique and attempts to see the other's viewpoint. :cheers: I didn't mean to come off with an attitude in my previous and wish you the best results here!:smilewink:

mattlemoo

I am actively searching for a Sprinter or wouldn't have seen your advert. :hmmm: I'm surprised and favorably impressed with your response to my last. It's not often someone takes a well intentioned critique and attempts to see the other's viewpoint. :cheers: I didn't mean to come off with an attitude in my previous and wish you the best results here!:smilewink:
No worries man. Theres enough to insanity in the world recently to blindly add to the mix. Good luck with the search.:cheers:

Top Bottom