2020 Ordering Guide

roadracer

Any chance you've seen one of these for the metris? I've been waiting to see if the metris gets the updated interior as well...

2020 MY DOG shows prices for Crew & Psgr models with SR on 144".
However also notes HR required "Until Further Notice".

The psgr emergency walkout safety laws (high roofs) make sense on multiple rows &/or longer wheelbase vehicles; but not so much sense on Crew models with only a second row with direct egress via right slider. I will hold off longer hoping for 144 crew SR.....

bluewander

Can anyone clarify something on the 2020 DOG: on the page for standard equipment for the v6 and 4x4 2500 Cargo (p 40 of the PDF), it lists 4x4 Package X30 as $2975 for the 4x4 model. This is unclear to me - does this mean its both standard equipment and adds a mandatory $2975 onto the base 4x4 price of $48595, or can I treat X30 as an option and leave it off?

MADDCATS

Can anyone clarify something on the 2020 DOG: on the page for standard equipment for the v6 and 4x4 2500 Cargo (p 40 of the PDF), it lists 4x4 Package X30 as $2975 for the 4x4 model. This is unclear to me - does this mean its both standard equipment and adds a mandatory $2975 onto the base 4x4 price of $48595, or can I treat X30 as an option and leave it off?
This is a typo in the X30 price tag, which should be $7975; the gap between the 2CA46 and 2CA4X sticker prices on PDF pg 8. (MY19 DOG shows the correct price).

Regardless, this is NOT an additional cost.

Maybe you can get the dealer to take 5 grand off the price? Order a 2CA46 with option X30 for $2975. (Let us know how that works out!)

alyx

Trying to wrap my head around options for ordering a new 2020 Crew.

In the mean time, found oddities I cannot explain when looking at 2019 vans.

According to all the information I see, "V43 Wood floor with 6 D-rings" is Standard equipment, ever since at least 2018 (according to DOG sheets).

2020 DOG

2018 DOG

However I keep seeing dealers list it as an added option of $400.

Examples (there are many, just posting two),
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82183

https://www.mblynnwood.com/inventor...oof-v6-144-4wd-4wd-crew-van-wd4ff0cd4kp191039

So what gives, is the wood floor (V43) standard and part of base price, or not?

I'm trying to get a 2020 170 Crew I4, but apparently ordering is one is not yet an option :thinking:

EDIT:

To answer my own question and thanks to the official 2019 DOG,
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72299

VK8 was Standard in 2019, and V43 was a $400 upgrade as witnessed

Last edited:

JMG_Systems_Eng

Seating Systems Engineer
I was told by a reliable source that there is a option code that would allow me to order a new Sprinter either as a cargo or crew van with no rear seats or factory seat tracks, but with the factory threaded inserts in the floor ready to accept OEM seat tracks. Has anyone heard of this option before and can confirm the code #? Thanks!

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
The image from the 2018 DOG in post number 8 shows option code V40 described as "FLOOR ANCHORS FOR REAR BENCH SEATS". For the NCV3 vans, in at least some model years, that option code was part of the build if you got a crew van or a passenger van (even if the factory only mounted one bench seat in the crew van). I've also seen V40 labeled as "STATION WAGON FLOOR ASSEMBLY". However, if you got the crew with only 1 bench installed by the factory, the 2nd and 3rd mounting positions were covered by the van floor sheet metal (they could be uncovered by measuring carefully and drilling through the van floor).

I don't know whether the same is true for VS30 models, or if it is how easy/whether you can order V40 on a VS30 van that otherwise doesn't have rails or seats installed. You might look through a 2019 or 2020 DOG for the code V40.

JMG_Systems_Eng

Seating Systems Engineer
The image from the 2018 DOG in post number 8 shows option code V40 described as "FLOOR ANCHORS FOR REAR BENCH SEATS". For the NCV3 vans, in at least some model years, that option code was part of the build if you got a crew van or a passenger van (even if the factory only mounted one bench seat in the crew van). I've also seen V40 labeled as "STATION WAGON FLOOR ASSEMBLY". However, if you got the crew with only 1 bench installed by the factory, the 2nd and 3rd mounting positions were covered by the van floor sheet metal (they could be uncovered by measuring carefully and drilling through the van floor).

I don't know whether the same is true for VS30 models, or if it is how easy/whether you can order V40 on a VS30 van that otherwise doesn't have rails or seats installed. You might look through a 2019 or 2020 DOG for the code V40.
Thanks for the lead, I’ll look into this!

65C02

When looking for a VS30 last year, the V40 option was pretty elusive for me. I only found a handful of cargos w/V40 and V36 roof trim and a slider window. They all showed up on lots at the same time. The dealer I spoke with thought they were ordered and canceled by an upfitter / builder. At that time, the dealer indicated V40 was a fleet only option. I settled for V36 roof trim and the side window -for me V40 was not to be had. I wonder what the door tag says with regards to passengers...could be why it was said to be fleet only.

JMG_Systems_Eng

Seating Systems Engineer
Yeah, I can see why V40 would be considered a fleet option. A lot of fleet rental companies I have worked with in the past order their vehicles with no seats then contract a separate upfitter to install seats to their specs.

roadracer

Anyone have any idea when the 2021 guide is coming out? It's 2 months past when the last two year's guides have come out...

Chaski

Anybody prove one way or the other that a crew V40 has the seat mounting gizmos for the remaining rows?

Chaski

The rails are not present.
To further beat the dead horse...

Are the mounting points for the rails present? IE could I buy another set of rails and mount them? Or is it that the remainder of the floor is “cargo only”? I want the flexibility to move seats around.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
People do it, but you'd have to cut slots in the wood floor, drill holes through the metal, and mount the top rails and bottom reinforcements.

Apparently older sprinters included the reinforcements, new ones only have ones for included seats.

Other options include AMF Bruin SmartFloor, or Travois or similarly reinforced L-Track system.

Top Bottom